Chapter 10: Old Friends Return

Ozpin and Glynda are watching as what can only be described as an armada of Atlesian bullheads land in Vale.

Glynda: "Ironwood sure does love bringing his work wherever he travels."

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man, but yes those are a bit of an eyesore."

Ozpin looks back at his desk and sees a message has popped up.

Ozpin: "Come in."

Ironwood enters from the elevator and begins walking towards Ozpin and Glynda.

Ironwood: "Ozpin!"

Ozpin: "Hello, General."

Ironwood: "Please drop the formalities."

Ozpin and Ironwood shake hands.

Ironwood: "It's been too long. And Glynda, it has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James! I'll be outside."

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit."

Ozpin: "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas."

Ozpin pours a drink from a tea kettle into a mug.

Ozpin: "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival."

Ozpin hands the mug to Ironwood.

Ironwood: "Well you know how much I love Vale this time of year. (Takes out a flask and pours the contents into the mug) Besides, with you hosting, this might be a good opportunity to catch up."

Ozpin: "I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends, however the small fleet outside my window has me a bit concerned."

Ironwood: "Concern and recommendation from the best military strategists I've ever had is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "Oh? And who would this strategist be, I've most certainly not heard this yet."

Ironwood: "Conrad Schwarz has been nothing but an asset to the Atlesian military."

Ozpin: "One of the 4 known as the Sapphire Star, it does makes sense, but where is he?"

Ironwood: "He is still a student, and is here to participate in the tournament, so I believe he's looking around Beacon at the current moment."

Ozpin: "Now, I understand travel between kingdom's has become increasingly difficult with no shortage of grimm and monster attacks."

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin takes a sip from his mug.

Ozpin: "We're in a time of peace, shows of power like this, are just going to give off the wrong impression."

Ironwood: "But, if what Qrow said is true-"

Ozpin: "If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival,  a time to celebrate unity and peace. So, I suggest you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers half-way across the continent."

Ironwood: "I'm just being cautious."

Ozpin: "As am I."

Ironwood: (sighs) "That was originally all I wanted to discuss, but recent reports have made me want to ask, what is happening with Phoenix Nyūrando?"