Chapter 25: Past to the Forefront

Time for a hullva chapter, hope you're ready.

Phoenix woke up far earlier than RWBY, as per his usual of an early bird. He uses Ruby/Summer's semblance to turn into rose petals and escape from the RWBY laying on top of him. He gets his Japanese outfit, deciding that was what he'll wear today, goes and gets a shower, and changes to the outfit, putting his nightwear away he leaves the room, heading to the cafeteria, meeting Nic along the way.

Nic: "Still early rising?"

Phoenix: "Damn straight."

Nic: "You ever think it's unnecessary to wake up this early?"

Phoenix: "Hmmmmmm...Nah."

Phoenix and Nic head to the cafeteria and get their breakfast. Eventually JNPR the other two hunters and a pretty angry looking RWBY enter the cafeteria, with RWBY making a b-line for Phoenix and Nic.

Phoenix: "I think I'm in trouble."

Nic: "What did you do?"

Phoenix: "Left them in bed."

Nic: "Rookie mistake."

Phoenix: "Fuck."

RWBY stands in front of Phoenix who smiles nervously.

Phoenix: "Goodmorning you four, how did you sleep?"

Weiss: (hits Phoenix over the head) "Why would you just leave us there, don't think we didn't see the black rose petals."

Phoenix rubs his head and looks up to Weiss.

Phoenix: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's habit for me to get up so early."

Yang: "I think you'll need to prove how sorry you are."

Phoenix: "No."

Yang: "You're no fun. Couldn't even pretend to play along?"

Phoenix: "Because that's what you want, and I won't ever give you what you want."

Ruby sits down beside Phoenix and latches onto his right arm.

Ruby: "Will you give me what I want?"

Phoenix: "Depends on what it is really."

Yang: "Oh c'mon, you'll give her what she wants, but not me?"

Phoenix: "I know what you'd want, and I'm not willingly giving it to you specifically."

Yang pouts, but sits down on the side opposite of Ruby beside Phoenix.

Blake: "Yang, Ruby why are you two hogging Phoenix?"

Ruby: "He gives me cookies and cuddles!"

Yang: "I want his-"

Phoenix: "You're not getting it Yang!"

Yang: "Bite me!"

Phoenix: "Don't test me woman, I bit through a dragons scales once, tasted terrible, but it was fucking hilarious!"

The rest finally come over.

Conrad: "It was a very scary experience watching Phoenix bite through Kushala's armor. The handlers weren't the same after that."

Phoenix: "They were weak!"

Conrad: "You did exactly what you were told not to do, but all you replied was "I want to know how it tastes, imma do it and you fuckers can't stop me!" Crazy bastard."