Chapter 1 (Donnie)

"Hurry up Don! We're gonna miss it!" 

Mikey flies past me using his mystic weapon to swing from building to building. I must've gotten lost in thought again. Courtesy of my genius for making my hover shell. I don't need to concentrate on where i'm going. But that leaves me vulnerable for conversations on the way.

"We are not going to miss it Mikey. Their shipment will take another fifteen minutes and we will arrive in three." We are going to intercept a foot clan shipment of shoes. There is supposedly a mystic metal piece hiding in one of the many shoes going to their store. 

We pass by Leo on the balcony. I tap on my wrist pad and hover in front of him.

"I thought you were 'meeting us there'?" I replied happily as he made it such a huge deal that Leonardo was going to be first at the site.

"I am! I'm just...Taking a breather. Yea! Besides, I don't want to use your dumb tech to just float there. Portaling is so much cooler." Leo said hesitantly. 

"Scoff! My tech is much more advanced than any human technology. And portaling? Really." I pressed another button on my wrist pad. My hover shell spouts out a seat behind the propellers, April usually sits here but it's big enough for Mikey. Maybe Leo could fit.

"And my 'Dumb tech' Is gonna get you and I there in under two minutes. So get on now before I leave you stranded on this human's front window." 

Leo hesitates before sheathing his ōdachi (or swords) on his shell and plopping into the seat. My hover shell wavers in the air while accounting for the extra weight Leo put on.

"Leo! you could make us both fall if you do that. If you're going to be this reckless I might as well drop you here." I hover my finger over my wrist pad as Leo starts acting all dramatic. 

"AW! And kill your only brother?! For shame Donnie!" I push the button and the chair retracts. Leo falls, screaming at me. 

"Evil chuckle"

I then shoot out a grappling hook out the bottom of my shell and grab his leg.

Leo scoffs. "I knew you would do that. I wasn't scared."

We continue on our way to the shipment site.

I drop Leo off on the roof of a nearby building and retract the propellers on my hover shell to land on my feet. Leo quickly puts a portal under him to keep from falling on his head and teleports on top of me. We both topple on top of each other for a minute until I'm sprawled on top of my shell and Leo stands up off his feet. 

"LEO! HELP ME UP!" I yell. 

Leo just starts laughing uncontrollably. Raph leaps up onto the roof and helps me up. 

"Leo! you know about Donnie's soft shell! You gotta be more careful." Raph scolds Leo. I'm just relived none of my shell's defense mechanisms didn't go off while we were tumbling. It could've hurt me and Leo or even Mikey who was on the other side of the roof.

Leo starts to say something but is interrupted by Mikey.

"Guys! Stop fighting! We gotta grab that metal now come on over here!" 

Raph turns to join Mikey. Leo sighs and treds his feet over to them. I follow. 

I check my wrist pad to make sure none of my mechanisms broke in my shell. All seems to be fine but I get an alert we aren't alone on this roof. 

"Guys." I say as I pull out my tech-bo staff. I press a button and a weapon comes out on the end of it. I haven't used it yet but it should freeze whoever it is up here who is ruining our midnight adventure.

The others gather beside me holding out their weapons as well. 

We stand there for a good minute waiting for possible combat. 

But. 

Nothing.

Suddenly a cat comes out from behind a heating unit on the roof. It sits in front of us and meows. 

Raph sighs. "Donnie you gotta fix that. No one is up here." Him and the others go looking back out over the side of the roof at the shipment happening. 

"No. My tech never glitches like this unless it's in beta." I mumble under my breath. I try my scanner. It should pick up any heat signatures other than ours. I've changed my scanner so it can pick up cold blooded heat signatures as well. Since we are all coldblooded I needed to change it so I could use it to find them if I ever got lost. 

I scan the roof but stop on the door to get inside the building. I can't make out the shape behind the door because it looks big but is changing where it's hottest. 

I reach for the door handle when Leo grabs me and we free fall off the side of the building. 

"LEO!! WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THROWING ME OFF THE ROOF!!" I scream.

"To do it all the time!" Leo shouts back as he throws a portal in front of us.