Chapter 8 (Donnie)

I text my brothers to meet up on the roof using my wrist pad. 

Once I was done I look over to find the turtle sitting on the edge of the building with her feet dangling off the side.

I go and sit next to her and look down.

There is a moment of silence in the air as we take in the view. 

The night cities lights are a beautiful contrast to the deep blue night sky. It seems the sky has it's own city with the twinkling stars above our heads. 

We watch as cars go by with their red tail lights and the streetlights turn green to please them to go forward. 

The lights from the apartment windows give off a warm glow to the street below. We see families eating dinner and parents or children watching the TV. Others are sleeping with their lights off.

The stranger next to me starts the conversation first.

"So... What's your name?" She asks me. A breeze blows and she leans back with her eyes closed.

"Oh. My name is Donnie. But my brothers call me Don or Dee." I say awkwardly. I have never talked to a girl before. Let alone a girl turtle. 

"Oh, those were your brothers??" She asks looking at me.

"Yea. I'm screwed to them like a bolt to a nut." I grin. 

She giggles. 

"What's your name?" I ask. It always seems weird when you ask someone their name. At least to me. I feel like you should know their name before even meeting them so you can act like your just old friends. 

It would make things so much easier than awkward.

"Mine's Rose." She says getting up.

I follow as I see my brothers coming up onto the roof. Saving me from this embarrassment called a conversation.

They leap over the edge of the roof and wave at us.

Rose waves back as they walk towards us.

Leo teleports through his portal and greets her first.

"Hey, I'm Leo. The best of my brothers." He says smiling.

"Scoff! You don't have any creativity brother! I am the one who makes all of your gadgets." I argue, crossing my arms and leaning on one foot.

"Au contraire Dee! You didn't make this." He gestures to the portal that closes behind him and leans on the hilt of his sword.

I'm about to explain I've made things better than that stupid mystic sword when Mikey swings in one his mystic weapon.

"HI! IM MIKEY!" He says while hanging upside down from a pole. He's using his mystic weapon to swing back and forth while talking to Rose.

"SO! We all saw you crash and thought 'OH NO! ITS LEO!' But then we saw you come out and we were like 'Whaaaaat?' and then the foot clan grabbed you and we had to come in and-" Mikey gets interrupted by Raph letting him know he's ranting again.

Raph walks up to Rose and she seems to shrink a little bit. Probably overwhelmed by Raph's big size.

"Hi! I'm Raph. We were wondering if you needed somewhere to stay tonight?" Raph smiles a big smile and sticks out his hand for Rose to shake it.

Of course Raph invites her over. Not weird at all.