Chapter 18 (Donnie)

I'm looking at my wrist pad which is telling me another location for a mystic metal piece. 

I move over to my big computer monitor and pull it up onto the screen. Rose follows behind me and watches what what I'm doing. 

I pull up the map and a dot appears with an arrow pointing west. I follow it and it takes me to Repo's junk yard.

"Looks like we found something to do today." I tell Rose as I swivel on my chair to face her. "That's Repo's junk yard and it looks like someone dropped off a car with a mystic metal piece hiding inside it. You know, the one you got yesterday?" I tell her. "I also have that piece sitting right here if you ever want to take it back for your gadget.

She looks to the piece and back at the screen.

"Can I come with you guys?" She asks.

I look at the screen and my wrist pad. "I don't see why not. Although you should probably watch from afar and test your bow out that way just so you don't get caught in the middle of it."

Rose nods and goes over to the table to collect the stuff we worked on last night.

I go over to where I keep my extra battle shells and grab an extra wrist pad I made a while ago. I walk over to Rose and hand it to her.

"Here. So you can contact us in case something happens." I say as Rose takes it. 

"Which wrist do I put it on?" Rose asks me.

"What's your dominant hand?" I ask her expecting it to be her right.

"Oh. Ummm. I'm left handed." Rose says.

"Oh really? Then you should put it on your right wrist so you can operate it easier. It's cool you're left handed though. Only ten percent of the population is left handed." I say as facts start pouring out of my mouth. 

"I guess I never thought of it that way. I just thought it was a hassle when using scissors." Rose responds grinning.

I chuckle. "I can make you left handed scissors?" 

Rose looks at me with her mouth open.

"Really? That would make arts and crafts so much easier!" Rose says and puts the wrist pad on her right wrist.

"Sure. Shouldn't be too hard." I say walking out of my bedroom.

"Hey guys!" I yell into the Main room where my brothers are skateboarding and Mikey is spray painting. "We got code 317-39.4 back in Repo's junkyard." 

My brothers stop skateboarding and look at me confused.

"You guys haven't read my big book of bad guy codes yet?!" I yell mad. 

"Donnie. We aren't going to read that. Not ever." Leo says plainly walking up to me.

"Ugh. There is a mystic piece in Repo's junk yard now come on and move your slow shells." I say irritated as I walk back into my room.

I replace the shell on my back with my hover shell to get ready to go. 

Leo walks in as Rose finishes up. 

"Hey Leo." She says as she walks out of my room.

"Heya Rose!  ...   Donnie. What are we doing with Rose?" Leo asks once Rose is gone.

"Oh. She wanted to come with us." I state as I grab my staff from off the wall.

"Really? She wants to come?" Leo looks with wide eyes out the door at Rose walking away.

"Yes." I groan. "Also she's left handed" I say pushing out the way so I can leave.

"WAIT WHAT?!" Leo chases after me as we all head to the turtle tank. "Are you sure about her coming along? Doesn't it seem a bit, weird?" Leo steps in front of me.

"Leo! Have faith in your clumsy flamingo." I tell him trying to get him to leave me alone. 

"Besides. We worked on a gadget for her to use last night. She'll be fine. I hope..."