Undercover: [12](Rose)

"So Rose. I already told the world that you would be here and they're banging on the door now. Which are you willing to give up?" Baxter smiles evilly as the chains keep me from punching his tiny face off.

I sigh heavily. He gave me the option of giving up my identity and my life, or giving up my friend's and having to run from the government forever. It wasn't a hard choice to make.

"Fine. I'll do it." My head goes limp as I stare at the floor in dismay.

"Great!" He smiles, clapping.

The chains let me go and I fall to the floor. Wincing as I rub my wrists that they held me by.

"Don't make me break our agreement." Baxter says, towering over me.

"Not unless you suffer from it." I sneer at him. This makes him frown as he heads for the door.

"I would put on that cloaking thing of yours first. It helps keep the crowds unsuspecting that it's you." He says without looking at me.

I do as he says, reaching into the pouch on my leg and grabbing the brooch. The first chance I get, I'm out of here.

I get to the door and Baxter looks at me from the corner of his eye. "Ready?"

"Just do it. If I wanted to be a government experiment I would've done it sooner." I roll my eyes and fold my arms.

"That's the spirit!" Baxter says sarcastically as he pushes the doors open.

I'm instantly blinded with the morning sun and a screaming crowd of humans. They really get angry when they are told there are anything but humans among them.

I put my arms behind my back and stand next to Baxter with my head held high. If I'm gonna go down, I'm gonna go down defiantly.

"People of New York!!" Baxter screams at the top of his lungs. The crowd calms down as they try to listen.

"For far too long you have called me insane for telling you of these disgusting creatures that haunt your city!" He exaggerates significantly as he continues. "I have now come back with PROOF that they exist!!"

I take a deep breath as I prepare myself for what's about to happen.

"I give you! A mutant turtle!" Baxter gestures dramatically with his hands towards me.

I reach for my cloaking brooch that sits around my neck. This will be the last time I take it off my neck.

As I raise it over my head I'm hit by something hard and heavy. Throwing me to the ground.

"Ow!" I yell in pain as I try to get up. I realize that it's a small child in my arms. But... he looks so... familiar?

He's wearing an orange hoodie and has stickers all over his face with curly blonde hair. He has tears in his eyes as he looks into mine.

"ROSE PLEASE! DON'T DO THIS!" The child yells at me.

"Mikey?" I whisper.