Chapter 15 (Donnie)

I walk into the room and set the box with the bow inside it on the table. 

Rose follows with delight in her eyes. 

I open the box and take out the bow and a few arrows out a place it gently on the table next to the box so it doesn't go off. 

She looks at it and picks up one of the arrows.

"That's the one I couldn't figure out." I say inspecting the bow for any modifications. "Like I said. I couldn't get the tip of the arrow to open so that the web would open and catch the bad guy."

"Where are your screwdrivers?" She asks without hesitation.

It takes me a moment for me to render that she was asking for tools that I almost forgot she said it. I point to a clear cabinet on the wall, and she walks over, arrow in hand, and grabs a box.

She places it on the table and opens it. Screwdrivers neatly placed by size welcome her. 

I forgot I organized it.

She picks up one that matches the one I used for the tip of the arrow to close it and starts unscrewing.

"C-careful! It's very-" I say when the arrow opens and covers her in the net. 

"Buggy." I finish.

She laughs as she's still holding onto the arrow the net spat from. I help her out of it and she places the net on the table.

"I see your problem." She says looking at the end of the arrow. "You're trying to make the net shoot out of the tip of the arrow. Which, from the force of it shooting out at, 127 feet per second, I'm guessing threw it off course. You need to make it so the bow can come apart and the bow is a part of the net." She finishes and smiles at me.

I look at her to the bow and back at her. "That might... actually work!" I say baffled.

The velocity that the arrow usually travels at is 225 feet per second. Any slight movement could throw it off course and the fact that I was trying to make it shoot out of it of course it'll throw it off!

"We could try to make this work." I say picking up the bow. "I also have some minor changes I would like to make for the bow if you would like to fix the arrows? I intended for the other arrows to have a sleeping gas, and a flash bang which worked out correctly but they would end up going off if i hit them too hard when I was just holding them." I explain already tinkering with the bow.

Rose puts the arrow back on the table and leans with her hands against it. She thinks for a second. "What if, instead of a flash bang it's a fog." She says looking at me. "That way, if your own team members are down there you don't take them out but instead make it so the enemy can't see them."

"That...That could work!" I say flabergasted. Why have I never thought of this before? She acts so calmly about it and yet she is probably at the same level of thought process as me!

"Also. Later, I want to know how your hover blades work. If you didn't know I ended up crashing into the Footclan's shipment trying my own prototype but the problem was is it wouldn't steer when I glided." She says now grabbing stuff from the cabinet.

I grab a screwdriver form the box she set on the table and unscrew half of the bow.

"Sure. I can show you." I say. "But you're gonna need to help me with figuring out how to make the grappling hook work." I am now excited for this. Getting a second insight with someone as intelligent as me could make my inventions even more revolutionizing! 

I can't wait.