Undercover: [14](Rose)

"Mikey?!" I whisper, as he sits on top of me. 

"WE WERE PROMISED A MUTANT CREATURE! NOT A CHILD!" Someone in the crowd shouts angrily.

"Yes! I know!" Baxter looks scared at the crowd. Holding his hands out in defense. "Rose. Come on." He whispers angered, still trying to please the crowd.

"Mikey! You have to get out of here!" I try to push him off of me. Mikey falling to the ground.

"No! Rose! Please!" He pleads with me. Grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

"Mikey. You don't understand! I have to do this! Otherwise you guys will be taken too!!" I scream at him. I'm trying to protect him. Why doesn't he understand this!? He's making this so much harder than it already is!

He looks at me, hurt. "Rose! We can find another way! You don't have to-" He reaches for my cloaking brooch on my neck. 

I move my arm to keep him from grabbing it. Pushing him to the side. I pushed him too hard though, as he hits the wall behind me.

"Mikey!" I gasp. I turn to go and help him when I'm grabbed mid-way. The same chains from before circles themselves around me, wrapping tightly and throwing me into the air. I shout in pain as Baxter tightens them worse than before. 

Baxter walks up to me as the chains slowly lower me. He's close enough that his face meets my shoulders but I'm still towering over him. He gets close and up in my face.

"We had a deal. No turning back now." He curls his fingers around my cloaking brooch necklace.

"You're a monster." I growl at him. This makes him laugh. 

"Maybe. But I sure don't look like one!" He yells as he pulls my necklace off me. 

I feel the chains lift me back into the air as the cloaking disappears. The crowd surrounding the store gasps. A blanket of silence surrounding the store. It's deafening.

"IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED?!" Baxter screams at them. 

The whole crowd goes nuts as they try to clamber onto the steps to the store. Reaching for me in the air. I don't know if they're crazy, or just plain psycho. They reach for the chains holding me in the air, trying to pull me down.

I notice Mikey holding near the wall I pushed him into. The crowd keeps shoving him around. In his hand is the cloaking brooch he was using. It's sparking.

"Mikey! The cloaking brooch! Get out of here!" I shout at him as one of the humans grabs my leg.

He looks at me with tears in his eyes as he runs off, the opposite direction of the crowd. 

The people from the crowd keep grabbing my feet, dragging me to the ground. Baxter is in the corner screaming for them to give him his money that was mandatory to see me. 

I see a black van pull up behind the crowd and men in suits get out of the back. They walk up to the back of the crowd and start telling them to back away. Saying this whole thing is a stunt and that I'm not real. 

They look at me in awe, as if they only heard about mutants in fairy tales. Even behind their black sunglasses I can tell their eyes looked evil.

I glare at each and every one of them. Angered that this has to happen. But if it were to happen to anyone, I would rather it be me than Mikey.