The Reminiscent Gala: [19](Rose)

What. Just. Happened.

We danced and it seemed almost like we connected.

Were we gonna....Kiss?

No. No. That's crazy.

But he actually danced with me and we both enjoyed it. Do we share feelings?

I shake these thoughts out of my head as I refocus on the mission. Leo is screaming instructions into my ears as I move closer to Big Mama.

"When you go up to her you need to show that you're lower than her. So curtsy the second you go up and don't speak until she does." He states importantly.

I present myself in front of Big Mama who's sitting on a throne on the stage towards the back of the room.

I curtsy like Leo told me to and wait for her to say something.

"Why hello! Who might you be?" Big Mama says.

"Stay in the curtsy but address yourself. Try flattering her as well." Leo says.

"I'm Rose, miss. It's a pleasure to meet your greatness in person. I've heard great stories." I smile with my face to the floor in respect.

"Oh please, the pleasure is all mine. Please rise." She says.

Really? She's telling me to 'rise'? No wonder Leo is helping me.

I stand up straight and respectfully smile at her. She gestures for me to come closer, to which I do.

"You want to make sure that when she lets you come close. But that you don't get too close. Take something like ten steps but be at least three feet away from the spider lady." Leo mentions.

"What do I do when she wants me to come even closer?" I silently whisper as Big Mama laughs.

"Please! Come closer! I don't bite." She smiles.

I do as she says ignoring Leo.

She reaches for my face but stops halfway.

"May I?" She asks.

I nod and she takes off my mask.

"I'm sorry dear but I don't allow bugs near me." She says with a more forced smile.

My heart plummets as she snaps the corner of my mask with the earpiece.

I make sure I don't waver my smile however.

"So. You're a new turtley-poo. Is your name really Rose?" She asks from her throne.

"Yes." I say nodding.

"Hmmm. You do know of the other...turtles don't you?" She raises an eyebrow.

I debate on lying to her but she already somehow knew about the earpiece so I nod instead.

"Why then, are you here? Is it to introduce you to me, as you know my relationship with your little friends?" She asks, inspecting her hands.

"Respectfully, no miss. I was only here to ask for some of your special webbing. I heard from a couple certain Yokai that you produce such fine silk with your webs." I bow my head slightly.

Big Mama seems to enjoy the flattery, just as Leo said.

"Well. Even though you turtle-poos are on my bad side, I think I can let you slide this one time. You are a new one after all. Are you related to those turtles?" She asks me.

"I-" I start.

I don't actually know... am I related to Donnie??

"I'm not sure." I say frowning.

"Well. Follow me into my room and I can help you." Big Mama gets up and starts walking to the back of the stage.

I follow her and hear Leo screaming through the broken earpiece.

This might be a bad idea.