Chapter 10 (Donnie)

I grab the metal back from my metal arm. I don't want to feel like a threat to her if I have the metal hidden. But her saying we will need to sit down...Is very sketchy.

My brothers make a circle around Rose like we always did whenever Splinter would tell us a story from his glory days as Lou Jitsu.

Rose fidgets with her fingers and looks nervous. So I set down the metal in front of me again to show that I won't take it. It seemed to have worked with others if something happened like this so i've taken notes. Also it just shows i'm not trying to be defendant.

Rose looks at the metal and seems to just sigh heavily as she looks down.

She seems to do that a lot when she's upset.

"Promise me you guys won't run and disappear after I tell you this?" She says look up at us.

That cannot be good.

I'm tempted to take back the piece but that would compromise the unspoken trust i've already made with her. So I stay put.

Everyone is silent until Raph responds.

"Don't worry Rose. We aren't going anywhere." He says smiling.

Rose falters a smile and leans back.

"So...Um..IREALLYNEEDTHATMYSTICMETALPIECEBECAUSEMYPARENTSAREDRAXUM'SGARGOYLESANDINEEDTHEMBACKBUTTHEYWORKWITHDRAXUMALLDAYANDHEDOESN'TEVENKNOWIEXISTORTHATIMEVENALIVEBECAUSEHEMADEMEANDIWASAFAILEDEXPERIMENTTHATWASSUPPOSEDTODIE. AN-" She says in one breath until Mikey gets up and sits in front of her. Interrupting her by putting his finger on her mouth.

"Ok. Let doctor delicate touch handle this." Mikey says looking over his shoulder at us. Grinning evilly.

He takes a deep breath in.

"YOU WERE MADE BY DRAXUM?!" He yells and Rose falls backward. Surprised by the sudden burst of words coming from him so loudly.

She sits back up and nods.

"And your parents are his evil henchmen?" Mikey asks quieter now. He lifts an eyebrow at her as she looks away.

She nods looking at anything but Mikey.

"And you need this metal why?" He asks propping his head on top of his knee.

Rose scratches her arm and looks back at him. "I need it to make him forget that my parents exist. I don't want them to be his puppets anymore." She mumbles. She seems to start getting teary eyed until she realizes we are still here so she stands up.

"So. Now you know why I need that metal. And I'm great full that you didn't leave." Rose says calmly. "But I'm afraid I still need that piece for my project and-" I cut her off.

"I can help you!" I say as my brothers look at me. "I mean. I have some more tech at home that might be able to help you with making it and could be whatever else your looking for..." My brothers are looking at me and I don't know what they are trying to tell me. It's making me really uncomfortable so I stand up as well. My brothers follow suit.

"Besides." Leo says, chuckling as he gets up. "You don't exactly have anywhere else to go." He gestures with his head at the apartment and Rose winces.

"Leo makes a good point." Mikey says. "You might need to lay low for a while until the foot clan stays off your back."

"Ok well. Where is your home?" Rose asks.

Leo chuckles. "You might not think it's as cozy as your apartment but it's definitely roomier."

Ah yes. Our sweet sweet home that's in the sewers. The way to get there is gross but our house is cozy and clean. I made a robot to help with that. And no rats get in there either.

Well... except for dad of course.

Rose raises an eyebrow as everyone seems to be getting ready to leave.

Well. Mostly me. I have to wait for all my hover blades to pop out while my brothers can just unsheathe their mystic weapons and leave.

As everyone stances on the edge arose stops us.

"Wait! How am I supposed to get there? I don't have your whacky doodads!" She says a bit annoyed.

Leo laughs. "Wacky doodads?! I'm so using that whenever someone asks us about our mystic weapons." Leo leaps in front of Rose and she takes a step back. He starts to say something when I interrupt him.

"You can sit on my hover shell like before?" I offer to her. Leo's portals aren't very stable yet as he's trying to figure them out. Also Rose could get hurt if he portals above a busy street.

"Yee of little faith. Do you not trust me Dee? I can portal us straight there!" He says almost poetically. He circles his sword for a small portal and reaches into it. "I'm gonna grab your staff through my portal right now." He says as he reaches his arm through it.

I see the portal open up next to me and scoot over a few inches just out of reach.

Leo groans. "Not fair! You can't move!"

I grab my staff from behind my back and gently whack his hand. He pulls it quickly back through the portal before I could make contact. He rubs his hand even though I never touched him. He's such a baby.

"It's ok Leo. I think I will go with Donnie though." Rose says putting a hand on Leo's shoulder.

Leo sniffles and says "fine" pretending to be hurt.

Rose gives him a weird look and walks up to me. I pull out the chair and kneel down so she can get on. She sits and we take off.

To our sewer home.