Chapter 3 (Donnie)

"AAAAAH!" I scream as I'm traveling through Leo's portal. 

I shut my eyes tight and hit my wrist pad for my hover shell to hover. I know exactly how long his portal takes to travel us somewhere so I set it for exactly three seconds.

I see the opening for the portal and see Leo land on his feet and leap out of the way from underneath the portal. 

I make it to the edge of the portal and my shell stops me in my tracks. My hover shell slowly helps me descend onto the fire escape overlooking the foot clan's shipment and cargo ships unloading things into five or so trucks.

Leo punches me in the shoulder once my hover shell retracts. I stumble sideways, surprised at the sudden physical contact.

"See! You're fine. And that's to get back at you dropping me off your hover shell." He leans on his sword and smirks at me. 

I hate it when he does that.

I glare at him and tap some things on my wrist pad. I make a mental note to have something installed into my shell so that I can press a button and dart Leo. 

Or something similar to that...

I crouch and open the hatch for the fire escape ladder. I start climbing down as Leo leaped off the edge. He tumbled and did a front roll and landed on his feet.

"Show off," I say. I reach the bottom and already see Leo crouching behind some boxes. I spot Raph and Mikey over on the other side of the shipment site hiding in an alley. 

I tapped the pizza looking button on my wrist pad and spoke through it. 

"New York. What a town." I say sarcastically. 

"Donnie. Stop it with the sarcastic nonsense. We gotta get that metal. So what's the plan?" Raph sighs through his wrist pad. 

I look up and watch as Leo whispers "blind spot" while sneaking around the foot clan.

"Well. I say we just try not to get caught while trying to save Leo. As per usual." I say flatly.

I hear Raph's sigh through the wrist pad. It reached ten seconds. Leo is gonna get the scolding of a lifetime when we get back. 

"Relishing chuckle."

"So... are we doing 'Plan L'?" Mikey asks, concerned for Leo being caught any second. 

"Yes Mikey. Donnie go." Raph says as he leaps up the alleyway to the roof.

I follow silently behind Leo. I make sure to not only use blind spots but to also stay out of their line of sight from others. 

I knock over a shoe behind me. It's like slow motion as it falls to the ground. It seems to be a heavier shoe so if it falls it would make a lot of noise.

I press a button on my shell and a claw arm comes out and catches the shoe at the last second.

I let out a breath i was holding and slowly put it back onto the box.

Suddenly, there is a crash nearby. 

At first I thought it was me and my claw arm knocked the whole box over.

I look over the top of the box and see a cascade of boxes falling down on top of one of the foot clan members. 

I see the foot faced fire headed weirdo start barking orders while his big buddy goes over and checks the wreckage. 

"Damn it Leo." I curse under my breath. He always does this thinking he's cool and all and that he can do it himself but he needs to hear our plans and go with us for once. Everything would go so much smoother.

I sneak around the boxes behind a truck near the collision I get my weapons in my pack ready to fire once Leo pops out of the wreckage. 

I keep looking for a blue bandanna amidst the boxes when someone grabs my shoulder.

I get flipped around and get a face full of Leonardo.

I start to yell but he covers my mouth. 

I shoo his hand away, not liking the physical contact he put me through. 

"What the heck Leo?!" I whisper, scream at him. 

Leo points behind me as the foot clan gets their co-worker out of the wreckage. I realize it was never Leo who knocked over the wreckage. 

"GASP" I whisper as another turtle like us, pops their head out of a box.