Undercover: [8](Donnie)

I'm trying everything. No potion I concoct is working!

I try a red one, yellow, even a weird brown color. But no matter what materials I try together, I can't stop the flow of April being mutated.

I'm at my desk. My hands on the table as I'm bent over, staring at my work. My failed work. On the verge of screaming I throw all of the viles off the desk. Shattering all over the floor.

Rose is being controlled, April is turning into some weird bird, and I can't. Do. Anything. I feel powerless. Unable to help or fix anything in the moment. 

S.H.E.L.D.O.N comes by and cleans up the shattered glass on the floor. I sigh heavily. Leaning the back of my legs on the desk, holding my head in my hands.

Leo rushes into my room. His head bleeding slightly. 

"Donnie! She's gone!"

I snap my head up. 

"Gone?! What do you mean 'gone'!?" I yell.

"I mean! Rose was finally caught by Sunita but then Rose sprayed her off, snatching Baxter, and ran off! Raph is already searching for her but there is no sign of her anywhere!" Leo leans in the doorway, seemingly exhausted. He puts his hand to his head and freezes. Checking his hand and finding blood.

"Here." I hand Leo my first aid kit in the cabinet.

Leo smiles and puts gauze on the wound. Using his bandanna to hold it up.

April groans on the couch next to us. I run to her side and check her temperature with my hand.

"What..." She tries to speak, but suddenly a squawk comes out.

Her body is covered in feathers. Grey with the tips being white speckles everywhere. Her face morphed into an orange goose-like beak, with her usual brown curly buns now feathered. It looks like she could be a streamer duck. 

"What was that?!" April shouts, sitting up. Instantly regretting it as she falls back on the couch.

"April. Stop moving ok? Your body just went through a morph and used a lot of energy-" I'm interrupted by squawking.

"MY BODY MORPHED?!" April shouts between squawks. Her arms come out from under the blanket as she gets wrapped up in a pair of wings. "AM I A STUPID BIRD?!"

I gently push her wing out of my face and sigh. "Whatever 'mind control' stuff Baxter somehow put on you, he also put on Rose. Making you morph but she's mind controlled."

"That stupid kid Baxter did this to me?!" She honks. 

"Yes. And now Rose disappeared with Baxter and we have no idea where they went." I sit next to her on the couch. 

April notices that I'm upset and starts to say something.

"YOU HAVE WINGS NOW?!" Leo screams, portaling next to her. He spreads her wings out, looking at the pattern in her feathers. "You don't understand how cool it is that your a mutant like us now."

April looks unsure of what to feel about being a mutant. Her face switching between happy, angered, and saddened.

"I tried everything to stop the mutation. Years ago I was trying to make something so me and my brothers could be human. I gave up on it because I realized I like it better as a turtle." I look up at April. Smiling sadly. "But maybe that's because I've never been a human before."

April puts a hand on my arm as Leo gawks at me. Still holding April's wings on her back. 

"You tried. That's all I care about. I can live like this." She looks down at her clothes with feathers poking out. "I think."

"You tried making something for us to be humans and never told me?!" Leo glares at me. "I could've helped."

I get up and brush my hands off. Thinking of anything but not being able to help April or Rose... "Where did Rose and Baxter head off?" I ask Leo.

"I don't know. She moved too fast for me to tell." He frowns.

"Good thing she has a tracker in that robot leg." I smile. We both decided to put one in our metal limbs in an emergency. Looks like it'll come in handy more than I thought.