Chapter 31 (Rose)

Once Donnie ended up leaving the tank I was stuck on the floor. I can't move but I could at least think straight.

My leg hurts really bad and I try to think of anything but that.

I watch the door waiting for them to come back so we can leave.

A figure approaches the door and enters. I expected Leo but Ryan stepped in.

He smiles at me. "I never got a proper goodbye cupcake." He says and sits next to me.

"Are they really your friends?" He asks getting right to the point.

I try my best to nod while not being able to move. I only manage to get one nod in before I give up. That takes a lot of energy.

Ryan copy's my nod and takes a deep breath while looking around the room.

"Well. I hope we can become friends in the future. But I think I'm going to leave Repo. I don't really want to be known as a villain even though that's what everyone calls me as a snake. So I'm going to try tracking around New York. Make some Yokai friends. Maybe even see you again when you can actually talk." He laughs.

I try to smile with my eyes. It's still hard for my lips to move so if I tried to smile it would look like I'm trying to drink a salad,

Ryan stands up. "Well kid. You really got it going for you. I hope these guys stay your friends for a while." He stands in the doorway talking to me.

"Let me know if you need help. Pressing a button on that bracelet will signal if your ever in trouble. Just let me know and I will do my best to help. For now, see ya floppy teddy bear." He leaves the tank and I look at my wrist.

I didn't even realize he stuck a bracelet onto my wrist. It's a gold bracelet with a single gold button on the bottom of it. Hidden until the right moment when I need it.

I sigh as I wait that last few moments for them to come back.

Just as Donnie promised Leo jumped into the car with Mikey in his arms. Donnie following close behind. Donnie picks me up and sets me laying across his lap in his chair. He puts my head into the crook of his arm as I feel the heat radiating off of him.

He mumbles some words but I don't make them out. I'm really tired after the crazy couple of days I've had.

Unconsciously I put my head closer to his chest looking for his warmth. My eyes are closed as I slowly drift off to sleep. Thinking about Ryan and his gift to me, and Donnie coming all this way to protect me.