CHAPTER 38-Escape

As she sat patiently in the command deck of her own airship, Esdeath was wondering when the Rebel Leader would make a move. She had deployed several UAV's into the waters around Menagerie, but not too close as to not alert the Rebels there. She would've used the spy satellites, but she needs clearance from the UIB to use them since they are UIB Property. It's one of the things she hates about this military's structure. The United Forces don't have any satellites of their own and completely rely on the Intelligence Bureau to give them the information they need. She hasn't been given authorization because for some reason, the satellites won't work. Something must've disrupted their systems. She guesses it was the Separatist States, not like they haven't done this before.

So she simply waits onboard her warship with the rest of her fleet as she awaits her UAV's to pick up Rebel activity. She lets out a sigh of boredom as she sits in the command chair of the bridge. She hears footsteps approaching her before she sees Liver standing beside her.

Esdeath: "Liver, this better be could. I'm getting increasingly bored from constant searching." she said.

Liver: "I thought you were a patient one?" he asks.

Esdeath: "it's not the wait that's boring. It's the pure idiocy of the UAV operators." she rebuttals. "There's only so much pure idiocy I can tolerate. One of the reasons I can't stand being in General tin brain's presence."

Tin brain is her unique insult for General Ironwood. Despite being older than her, he is surprisingly incompetent and idiotic when it comes to handling situations. Always wanting to keep things "under the radar" so as to not spark panic. Thinking he's some UIB Agent. All he is to her is a fool waiting to be silenced. Unfortunately, they share the same Rank so she can't exactly kick him out of the military and for some reason, The Headmasters keep him around. But at least she heard that the Headmasters have a plan to aid her efforts in dealing with the Rebels.

{Union Academy, Unity City}

in the Office of the Headmasters, Sirzechs and Ozpin are currently scheming. Nezu wasn't present as he had other matters to attend to, being the Headmaster of the Hero Division isn't very easy. Especially since it's the most popular division of Union Academy. They've been thinking of ways to regain control over Menagerie. Esdeath had suspected it to be the location of the Rebel Base. They have good reason to believe since they're mole within the White Fang said that the Entire White Fang has been recalled to Menagerie recently in preparation for something called Operation: Weasel. The mole they have in the White Fang however couldn't get to Menagerie as it would be far to risky for them, considering they aren't on equal grounds with the Fang anymore. So now they need a new spy in the White Fang to feed them information on the Rebel Forces on Menagerie.

Sirzechs: "We don't have many Faunus in the Academy, most of them joined up with the White Fang or have no interest in working for The Union directly. Understandable, considering the mistreatment." he states. "IF they were to learn of the truth about the Menagerie Attack, the entire Faunus Race would be against us and would join the Rebels. Something we cannot afford."

Ozpin: "We can only keep up this lie for so long. Especially if the White Fang's top Lieutenant continues to live." he claims. "Adam Taurus is the one responsible for elaborate stunts that brought Faunus to their cause. If we take him out, the White Fang's moral will diminish."

Sirzechs: "But to do that, we need to launch a successful counterattack. Taking Menagerie and crushing this Rebellion along with it." he adds, looking at him. "What we need is someone who's known well by the Faunus People, respected by them, yet won't work for the White Fang."

Ozpin: "What do you have in mind?" he asks.

Sirzechs: "Well, a certain Blake BELLADONNA just so happens to be present in this Academy. So she will be our spy." he said.