CHAPTER 50-2nd Battle of Menagerie Part 4: Showdown

While the large crowd of civilians was being moved more hastily, Jackson had his eyes on the sky, searching for any dropships coming their way. Nura did as well as she held her sniper rifle. Hawks and Fumikage just had their eyes on the civilians while Luna was beside Nura. Fumikage looked at the civilians as he seemed troubled by everything going on. Hawks noticed and decided to press for answers.

Hawks: "Everything okay?" he asks.

Fumikage: "Not really. I'm still trying to come to terms with my current situation." he said. "I started off as a Student of Union Academy, then a traitor and now I'm in an active Warzone between the United Forces and this Rebel Faction." he explains. "I wanted to be a Hero, but now I'm having a hard time telling if I am one, or if I'm becoming a Villain."

Hawks was about to talk but someone interrupted him.

Jackson: "Hey! Cut that thought now!" he scolds as he walked over. "You wanted to be a Hero right?"

Fumikage: "U-Uh yeah?" he responds, a bit caught off guard by his sudden intervention.

Jackson: "Look at these people." he said while turning Fumikage to look at the civilians. "What do you see?"

Fumikage: "People. People with lives ahead of them." he said, confusedly.

Jackson: "Exactly. People. Innocent civilians and Union is trying to kill them, or worse, put them into slavery. Is that what a hero does?" he asks.

Fumikage shakes his head, silently saying no.

Jackson: "and what are we doing?" he asks. "Protecting them from Union. Union is nothing but hypocrisy and lies." he said, answering his own question. "True Heroes protect the people, not the regime that rules them. Real heroes don't attack people because of their Race, Appearance or their inability to use a Quirk, Semblance, Sacred Gear or Imperial Arms. We all Human! Every single one of us!" he explains, loudly. "We protect those who Union forgets about, the people Union wants to eradicate for their perfect world. We except people for who they are. We are not Powerless OR Empowered! We're all human, we're all Faunus. We all live and breathe on this Earth, and if the Union was to force a different mindset into our minds and subjugate something because of who they are, they're the real villains! We're heroes because we are brave enough to stand up against an authoritarian regime to make a better world for people who just want to live in it! We're Heroes because we see people for who they are! We're heroes because we don't listen to everything we're told! We're Heroes because WE save lives with no questions asked!" he explains.

A lot of civilians and Menagerie Guardsmen are listening to this.

Jackson: "We are Heroes because Union is too busy forcing their ideology on others to become them! The world needs heroes and Union sure as hell ain't it!" he shouts. "so, do you want to be a Hero?"

Fumikage: "Y-yes."

Jackson: "Then quit second guessing. Because the Union aren't heroes. Not even close." he said, before walking off.

Fumikage kept his gaze locked onto the Gang Leader. Everyone else who heard that watched as well. Jackson stopped however as he noticed a dropship coming towards them.

Jackson: "We got incoming!" he shouts, getting everyone's attention.

The Menagerie Guardsmen readied their spears, swords, blasters and guns. Nura aims her sniper while getting in front of Luna. Hawks hardened a glare towards the dropship while Fumikage just stared on. Saber aimed his E-5 Blaster at the dropship. Jackson moved his trench coat so that it didn't cover his two revolvers that laid in the holsters. The dropship begins to descend before them and once it lands. Everyone—except Jackson—trains their weapons on it. The side hatch opens and one person steps out of it alone. Jackson's gaze hardened as both of his hands hovered over his guns.