Chapter 6

Rachel was in and out of consciousness throughout the entire journey to the Hospital. The pain continued to wake her up, but it was so powerful and her body was so exhausted, that she blacked out seconds after opening her eyes. Eddie remained by her side, holding her hand, letting her know he was there.

As they drove along, the sound of the sirens above them, Eddie thought about the possible repercussions of what had happened.

Would Rachel get through this?

Would she ever come back to Waterloo Road?

Did he stand a chance with her?

Of course that didn't really matter, not to Eddie anyway. All he wanted was for Rachel to recover from this and for Stuart to pay. All of it was easier said than done though. Even if Rachel's physical injuries healed, the mental and emotional damage caused by this might be detrimental, Eddie knew that. And no one knew where Stuart Hordley was now. They probably wouldn't be able to prove he did this to her.

The Ambulance pulled into the hospital, Rachel being carefully lifted out and wheeled away into the building. Eddie followed, listening to the Paramedics filling in the doctors on what had happened. Rachel, who had woken up again, stared at him, eyes filled with tears, fear and pain.

Eddie felt helpless.

"You'll be alright, Rach, its ok" he reassured her as the Paramedics kept talking

A Nurse stopped him as he approached the double doors, ripping his hand away from Rachel's.

"I'm sorry, sir; you can't go in with her. We will come and get you when we've finished" she said

Eddie frowned at her

"No, I'm her colleague and friend, Eddie Lawson"

"I'm sorry, Mr Lawson, you can't go in with her" the Nurse repeated

Eddie scoffed angrily

"What? What do you mean I can't go in with her?! She needs someone to be with her!"

"Sir, I can't let you go through, I'm sorry. Please take a seat and a doctor will be out to talk to you as soon as possible" she stated calmly

Eddie sighed angrily, sitting down in the nearest chair, head in his hands. Rachel was frightened; she needed someone to be with her. She hated hospitals; Eddie remembered her telling him weeks ago when they'd sat in the A&E waiting room together after Eddie had punched Stuart. He couldn't imagine what was going through her mind right now.