Chapter 36

Another punch to the stomach was thrown Rachel's way by Stuart.

"Don't think I don't know where to punch, Amanda. I know where I can hurt you again" he hissed, turning away from her crumpled body

Despite the pain, she stood up, rugby tackling him to the ground, pinning him there. She hit him, twice in the face, and once in the ribs.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!" She screamed

Stuart laughed at her, flipping her over easily so she was the one pinned to the floor. She screamed as he hit and punched her.

Eddie heard the screaming as he pulled into the drive. Steph followed a minute later, having called the police before following Eddie in her car.

They ran over to the front door, dreading what they were going to find inside.

Eddie swung the door open without hesitation, storming into the hallway. His whole body bubbled with anger when he saw Stuart on top of Rachel on the hallway floor, punching her as she screamed and kicked at him, trying to get him off.

He strode over, grabbing Stuart by his jacket, lifting him off Rachel easily.

"Get the hell away from her!" he growled

Steph slipped passed the two men, kneeling down by Rachel, who was still on the floor. She helped her to her feet and guided her into the living room, out of harm's way.

Eddie shoved Stuart up against the wall. He didn't hold back as he threw Stuart against the wall angrily, punching him over and over again relentlessly. Stuart barely reacted to the punches. Instead, he grinned triumphantly.

"What's wrong Eddie? Hmm? Did you think you were missing out?" Stuart taunted

"You're a vile piece of work!" Eddie hissed

He kicked him hard in the crotch with his knee. Stuart groaned in pain, falling to the floor in a heap. Eddie stood over him, satisfied that, after all this time, he'd finally been able to do to Stuart what he had dreamed of doing from the moment he'd met him!

The Police car pulled onto the drive, its blue lights flashing manically.

Two Officers walked in, immediately arresting Stuart and leading him away into one of the cars. Eddie breathed a sigh of relief. Stuart was gone, he couldn't hurt Rachel anymore.

Then he remembered, Rachel.

He dashed into the living room where Rachel was. She was sat on the sofa, sobbing and shaking, Steph by her side.

Eddie crouched down beside her, pulling her trembling frame into him as she continued to cry.

"Rach, I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" he gushed

She nodded weakly. He pulled apart from her, checking her over for injuries.

"Has he gone?" She asked softly

"Yes Rach, he's been arrested, they got him" Eddie confirmed

Rachel nodded, feeling only a little relieved.

Silence filled the room. Steph looked between Eddie and Rachel. They had a lot to talk about.

"I'm going to sneak off and leave you two to talk. Call me if you need anything, ok?" She announced

Eddie nodded, smiling at her weakly

"Thank you Steph" Rachel said

"No problem" Steph nodded

Steph left, leaving the two of them alone.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Eddie asked again

Rachel nodded tiredly