Chapter 163

Bolton watched as his opponent, Johnny Hayes, lay motionless on the floor in a neck brace. Two medics were crouched either side of him, assessing the situation. Bolton could only stand in the corner of the ring and stare blankly.

He wasn't entirely sure what had happened. There was more power in his punch than he had expected. From the second he had stepped into the ring, he felt a huge surge of energy hit him. It would probably sound stupid, but he felt invincible.

Now, looking at the damage he had done, he started to feel guilty. The punch he had thrown had knocked Johnny to the floor. Bolton had expected him to bounce back up after a few seconds. But he hadn't. Had he punched too hard? Evidently, yes. Medics didn't enter a Boxing Ring to place someone in a neck brace with a stretcher on standby for no reason, did they? What had he done?

"That was the best punch I have ever seen! You're a fantastic fighter! You're gonna go all the way, mate!" Mr Cleaver told him, slapping him on the arm

Bolton couldn't stop staring at the scene in front of him. He'd wanted to win, but not like this. Mr Cleaver seemed completely oblivious to the fact that Johnny was hurt.

"Sir... look" Bolton mumbled, his eyes still fixed on Johnny as the medics rolled him onto the stretcher

Mr Cleaver glanced briefly over at the boy on the floor, who was now being strapped onto the stretcher. If he was honest, he really didn't care. Bolton had won fair and square, that was the main thing. They had both come here to fight, and that was what they had done. All of Bolton's training had led up to this moment. This is what he had been trained to do.

But, to be respectful, and to stop Bolton worrying, he thought he should show some concern towards the boy.

"Is he going to be alright?" he asked the medic

"It's just a precaution" one of the medics reassured

The other medic looked to Bolton.

"Congratulations. I don't think anyone was going to get in your way today"

Jasmine was watching quietly next to Rob. She knew what he had done to Bolton, and she was furious. She hadn't wanted to believe Davina when she had shown her the bottle of pills she'd found in Rob's bag. But, after being on the receiving end of Rob's defensive behaviour and seeing the way Bolton had thrown that punch, she knew her friend was right. Rob had been giving Bolton performance enhancing drugs without Bolton knowing. It made her feel sick.

Unable to keep quiet any longer, she tugged on Rob's sleeve so he was forced to look her in the eye.

"Are you going to tell him, or shall I?" she hissed, nodding to the medic

Rob glared at her.

"Keep your voice down! You don't know what you're talking about!" he spat

Jasmine scoffed in disbelief.

"The boy has been INJURED and YOU have been giving Bolton these pills!" she snapped, shoving the bottle at him

The medics looked over at the arguing couple suspiciously.

Rob eyed Jasmine angrily. He moved to snatch the bottle out of her hand, sighing when she pulled away from him.

"I told you. They are vitamin tablets"

He turned to the medics, who were still watching.

"She's an English teacher, she doesn't know what she's talking about" he reasoned

"Can I have a look at those please?" the younger medic requested

Rob sighed, handing over the bottle.