Chapter 153

Eddie led Rachel into the bathroom, sitting her down on the fold out chair next to the shower. It had taken them ten minutes to reach the bathroom. For someone who wasn't ill, it probably would have taken less than a minute. For Rachel, the short walk currently felt like an endless uphill struggle and had drained the little energy she had.

Whilst she was recuperating, Eddie set her pyjamas, slippers and toiletries out ready. Rachel couldn't help but watch him as he decided where it was best to place her shampoo and shower gel so she could reach them while in the shower without having to crouch down. It was little things like that, that made her fall in love with him that bit more.

"Ok, your pyjamas are just there" he told her, pointing to the railing on the wall which now had her pyjamas draped over them

"And your shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, hair brush, tooth brush and toothpaste are here" he added, pointing to the sink

"Thank you" she replied, smiling at him gratefully

"Can you stay in here with me, please? Just in case?" she requested, slipping off the itchy hospital night gown

Eddie nodded.

He helped her to her feet and got her into the shower. Once she was settled and they'd checked she could reach the shampoo, shower gel and her towel, Eddie sat down in the fold out chair to wait.

Whilst the hospital shower wasn't as good or powerful as the shower at home, Rachel still sighed in relief as the warm water washed over her head. She had been right, this was what she needed. It wouldn't cure her, but it was a start. Hopefully she was in with a chance of getting some more sleep tonight.

Fifteen minutes later, she carefully stepped out of the shower, wrapping the towel around herself as she brushed her teeth. In a way, she wished she hadn't stayed in there that long. Standing up for that period of time had made her feel dizzy and lightheaded again.

Once she'd finished cleaning her teeth, Eddie stood up, sitting Rachel down in the chair as she dried herself off. He grabbed her pyjamas off the railing, handing them to her. She took them from him gratefully, smiling when she realised he had picked her favourite silk beige ones. He knew her so well.

"What are you smiling at?" he asked

"You" she giggled

Eddie frowned.

"These are my favourite pyjamas" she explained, holding them up

"I didn't actually know that, but I'm glad I picked the right ones. I spent a good fifteen minutes trying to decide which ones to pack!" he chuckled

"You could have just pretended that you knew they were my favourite, just to keep the romance alive" she tutted, rolling her eyes playfully as she slipped the pyjama bottoms on

Eddie laughed, kissing her forehead gently.

"Romantic enough for you?" he smirked, winking at her

Rachel hummed contentedly, kissing him passionately on the lips. After all this time, even when she was ill, he still had the power to make her feel giddy.

"I'll take that as a yes" he mumbled cheekily when they pulled apart

"Just help me put my top on, Lawson" she huffed

Eddie chuckled, pulling the material gently over her head.

Rachel smoothed down the top, running a hand through her damp hair. She sighed in relief. She felt refreshed and revived, ready to handle the rest of her stay in hospital.