Chapter 102

Another week had gone by at Waterloo Road, and things were a little more manageable.

Tom was still in a mood, but he was nowhere near as bad as before, to Rachel's relief. His car had been repaired and Earl had received punishment for his actions. Steph and the rest of the staff were still weary and sceptical of Earl, but it all seemed to be starting to blow over.

Rachel was in a much better headspace. Eddie's plan to take her away from work for the night had worked, and not just because of the sex (although, it did play a part!). Escaping from the world of work for the evening had given her the opportunity to return to work the next day, with a fresh outlook and perspective on things. And she'd gotten the chance to spend quality time with Eddie, something they hadn't had much time for recently. She planned to make going bowling a regular thing, just so she could beat him at every game!

Having that evening with him, just the two of them, had calmed her significantly. She felt so lucky to have a man like Eddie Lawson in her life. Someone who looked after her, spent time with her and grounded her easily. She really did love him. Taking the next step in their relationship and finally having sex, was something neither Rachel nor Eddie regretted. If anything, it had been worth the wait. That evening they'd had, had brought them closer together in more ways than one.

Eddie was relieved that she was feeling better, and that she'd finally let him help her out with the paperwork. It had taken at least some of the pressure off her. She was a lot calmer and seemed to be back to her usual self. And she was going to bed and sleeping at a decent time.

It was 4:30AM on a Wednesday. Eddie was wide awake. He'd been awake for the last 30 minutes, unable to go back to sleep.

Rachel was fast asleep, her head resting contentedly on Eddie's chest, her body curled into him. Eddie was watching her quietly. She looked so peaceful, her chest rising and falling in a gentle rhythm. Her soft, brown hair fell delicately around her face. Even when she was sleeping, she was beautiful. He loved her so much.

Suddenly, she stirred, her eyes fluttering open slowly. She stared at him for a moment, her face lighting up with a smile. She'd never get tired of the way her heart filled with love the minute she looked at him, or how amazing it felt to wake up beside him. She was living a dream come true.

Eddie smiled back at her, stroking her soft cheek with his thumb. She hummed contentedly, wrapping her hand in his.

"Morning" she whispered sleepily

"Morning" he replied

She turned her head to look at the clock, frowning at the time, which read 4:30AM. Eddie never woke up at this time. She did, but not him. It was very rare that Eddie was awake before her.

"Couldn't you sleep?" she mumbled, cuddling into him

"Not really" he sighed, draping an arm over her shoulder

"How long have you been awake?" she questioned

"Not long, about 30 minutes" he shrugged

"Something on your mind?" she asked, drawing circles on his chest with her finger

"Only how pretty you are, and how lucky I am to have you" he grinned sheepishly

Rachel giggled, blushing furiously as she kissed his cheek

"I love you, Rach" he whispered, placing a kiss in her hair

"It's too early for your soppy nonsense, Lawson" she replied, pushing him away playfully

He chuckled

"But I love you too" she added, squeezing his hand

"Is that right, Miss Mason?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow