Chapter 85

A few hours later...

It was 10pm. The party at the Kelly's had come to an abrupt end, thanks to Tom Clarkson storming in from next door, unplugging the stereo that had been blasting out the music. Everyone was leaving, despite Rose Kelly's protests.

Philip was in the living room. He couldn't lie, he felt rather unwell. The room was spinning and blurring in and out of focus. It felt like he was floating in mid-air as he continued to stare at the ceiling. He wasn't sure if he liked the feeling.

There was no denying he was drunk, maybe a little high on something too. Philip had lost count of the amount of drinks he'd had. He wasn't sure if he liked the feeling of being completely and utterly intoxicated. His problems seemed a million miles away, which he liked. But the dizziness and everything else, he wasn't so sure about.

He'd had a great night though. He'd made some friends, danced with a few girls that were too drunk to notice he was well out of their league. It was the first time he felt like he belonged somewhere.

"You alright, mate?" Earl asked, standing in front of him

"Yeah" Philip nodded

"Come on, I'll get you in a taxi" Earl decided, helping him up off the sofa

"Great party, mate. Thanks for inviting me" Philip slurred

Earl smirked

"No worries, mate"

Earl put Philip into a taxi, smirking as Philip slurred his Aunt's address to the driver

"See ya mate" Earl grinned, closing the car door

He joined Maxine in the doorway, wrapping his arm around her waist. She giggled, watching the taxi drive away.

"Mason is gonna kill him when he gets home!" She exclaimed

Earl shrugged

"Maybe I should spike her drink too. Might make her... less uptight"

Maxine laughed, pulling him into the house.

...

Back at Eddie and Rachel's, the pizza had been eaten and the movie had been watched. They were lying contentedly in each other's arms on the sofa.

Eddie was massaging the knots out of Rachel's shoulders. To her surprise, he was very good at it! She'd completely melted into his embrace, sighing in relief as she felt each muscle relax and untangle itself. Eddie smiled, relieved that she was enjoying it and wasn't praying for it to be over! He'd wanted to do this for her so many times before, but he hadn't wanted to hurt her or make her feel uncomfortable. Every time he'd absentmindedly placed his hands on her shoulders the last few weeks, he'd felt the large knots, not that he was surprised they were there; she was and had been so stressed. So, when he'd asked tonight to do this for her, and she'd said yes, he'd jumped at the chance.

Suddenly, she moved, shifting carefully. Eddie took his hands away.

"Do you want me to stop?" He asked

"No, but I don't think I have any knots left!" She giggled

It was true. She felt like a soft boiled egg!

"Is that your way of saying you enjoyed it?" he questioned

"Maybe" she shrugged, smiling

"I do feel better, thank you" she added

"My pleasure" he smirked, kissing her cheek gently

She turned to face him, catching her lips with his as they melted into a passionate kiss.