Chapter 2 - The Call

𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟷9𝟾𝟺 - 𝟸 𝙿.𝙼
*𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I was now sitting on a chair in the Studio of our House in Hayvenhurst in Encino, starring at the phone in front of me and holding the napkin with Jade's number in my hands.
I can't decide if I should call her or not. It has been five days since the night of the Grammy's, since she gave me her phone number.
She probably even forgot about me, and she is probably dating Paul by now, and I am dating Brooke, so why should I even call her?

Something inside of me tells me to call her, though. I want to get to know her...

I finally dialed the number and put the phone to my ear, after a few beep's a female voice answered the machine on the other side.

"You're talking with Jade López." she said, and I immediately felt my heart skipping a beat. I bit my lower lip, trying to contain my excitement. "Hello?" she said again,
"H-Hi, Jade. It's Michael... Jackson." I replied shyly, it sounded almost like a whisper. I could hear her irregular breath.
"Michael? Hi, gosh, it's nice hearing you again. I thought you'd never call..." she joked, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice, making me giggle.
"I thought you'd forgot about me and I didn't want to disturb you." I confessed shyly, she scoffed on the other side of the phone.
"Forget you? I doubt that anyone who met you at least once would be able to forget you, Jackson." she said, making my cheeks burn.
"Oh, now you're embarrassing me..." I whispered and released a breathless chuckle. She joined me as well, with her sweet giggles. "How are you doin'?" I then asked after a while,
"I'm doing pretty good, what about you?" she replied,
"Glad to hear that, I'm doing good as well... what are you up to?" I asked nervously while chewing on my bottom lip,
"I was just watching some television, nothing special." she replied and giggled,
"Oh, are you all by yourself?" I asked again,
"Mhm." she replied in a hum, "why?" she asked, I cleared my throat before talking.
"I was wondering... i-if you'd like to come over a-and have a chat?" I asked almost whispering, my heartbeat speeding up in my chest I could even feel it on the side of my neck.
"Uhhh... s-sure, I'd love to. W-what's the address?" she asked nervously, I ended up giving her the address before saying our goodbyes and hanging up.

I started walking back and forth in the studio. Why am I so nervous to meet her? I've met her already...
Suddenly, Janet walked inside and stood still while looking at me, clearly amused by my nervousness.

"What is up with you?" she then asked,
"N-nothing." I replied and sat back down on the chair, pretending to write down some lyrics. She giggled and walked closer to my side.
"You are clearly nervous, and I want to know why." she teased, I sighed.
"I'm waiting for a friend to show up, Dunk, that's it." I replied and looked up at her, a smirk plastered on one side of her mouth.
"Brooke?" she asked, I shook my head and chew the inside of my cheek.
"Jade." I said almost whispering.
"Who?" Janet asked again, since my answer was not clear and audible.
"Her name is Jade." I repeated, louder this time. "It's a friend of Brooke, she introduced her to me on the night of the Grammy's." I confessed,
"Ohhh... I get it." she teased in a playful tone,
"It's not what you think, Dunk. Now go, before she arrives." I scoffed and grabbed the pen between my fingers again,
"Nuh-uh, I want to meet her too. If you're so nervous to see her, there must be a reason." she said,
"No chance. Go." I said, she scoffed and left the studio.

Since I wasn't able to write any lyrics now, I decided to walk outside and wait for her to arrive. I lifted my wrist and looked at the time on my Mickey Mouse watch:

𝟹 𝙿.𝙼.

She should be here in any minute now. And the more time went by, the more I got tensed and nervous.
Nervous to see her again.