Chapter 49 - SCREAM

***ONE YEAR LATER***
𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟷99𝟻 - 𝟾 𝙿.𝙼.
*𝙹𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I was now laying on the sofa, a cozy blanket thrown over my legs, while I was watching my favourite Show in TV.

Suddenly, the phone started ringing, making me jump. I looked over at the clock... 8 P.M.

"Who the hell calls at this time?" I scoffed to myself, while I got up and walked towards the phone, picking up. "Hello?" I said,
"Hi Jade..." his soft tone rang through my ears, my knees getting weak, like jelly. My breath stuck in my throat. I haven't heard from him in... a little over a year. Since he got married to Lisa, I have promised to myself that I won't get in the way... he deserved to live happy. "Jade? Are you there?" he asked, snapping me back to reality.
"Hi Michael... how did you get my number? I made sure to change it..." I replied,
"I have my ways....I hope it's not a problem. Am I disturbing you?" he replied,
"No... not at all. What's up?" I said before releasing a sigh,
"It has been so long since I've last heard from you... I wanted to know if you're okay and why you've been so distant to me for over a year." he explained in a calm tone,
"I'm more than okay... uhm... I-..." I started and released another heavy sigh, not knowing what to say. "You deserved to live a happy life, Michael. And I didn't want to get in the way." I confessed, while I walked over to sit back on the couch.
"You're incredible, you know that? I've told you multiple times that-... whatever... I missed you." he said, whispering the last few words, making my cheeks blush as usual.
"Does your wife know that you're on the phone with me right now?" I teased,
"No? What's wrong with talking to an old friend?" he replied. Ouch... I felt that.
"Right..." I said sighing.
"How about we meet tomorrow? You could join me on set for my music video, we could have dinner together and chat..." he said in a shaky voice, a clear sign that he was nervous. I knew he'd ask me to meet, and I can't let it happen. Crazy things happen when we meet, and he can't afford to do those when he's married.
"Uhhh... I can't. I'm busy with work." I lied,
"Busy with work? As far as I know you've been having a free schedule since a couple of weeks." he said and giggled.
"What? How do you-..." I started, but of course I knew that he has his ways to get information about whoever he pleases.
"Tomorrow. 8 P.M. Universal Studios." he said.
"But-.." I started,
"No but's. Please, Jade." he begged. I rolled my eyes.
"I'll think about it. Good night, Jackson." I said and hung up.

I looked back at the TV and bit my lower lip as hard as I could, trying hard not to smile... but it was too late. I was already smiling and blushing like there was no tomorrow.
God, why does he always make me feel this way?

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟷99𝟻 - 𝟾 𝙿.𝙼.

My security now parked in front of the Universal Studios, and I am nervous like never before.
Yes, I ended up accepting his invitation. He knows damn well that I can't say no to him. Dumbass.

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car, before walking over to the big doors and knocking a few times.

One of his securities then opened the door and looked at me.

"Good evening, Mrs. López. Mr. Jackson is waiting for you. Please come in." he said, stepping aside, holding the door open for me.
"Thank you." I shyly replied and stepped inside, looking around.

Damn... what kind of video is he shooting?

"Jade!" I heard his voice saying, and when I turned my head I noticed him walking over to me with a wide smile plastered on his face.

I froze in the spot, I forgot how to breathe. How is it possible that he looks even more good than last year?
What does this man eat? Fuck!

He was wearing a pair of black leather pants, a black long sleeve and a pair of black boots. His curly hair now much longer and open.
He looks perfect.