Chapter 18 - Family Dinner

𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾𝚝𝚑, 𝟷9𝟾𝟼 - 𝟼 𝙿.𝙼.
*𝙹𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I just took a shower and was now on the edge of freaking out. I am standing in front of my closet, trying to find the perfect outfit, since Michael decided to make our relationship official to his family at dinner tonight.
I know that they already met me multiple times over the year, but tonight they are finding out that I'm Michael's girlfriend and I want to look decent, to say at least.

So obviously, it can't be a revealing outfit, nor boring... just decent!

After struggling for a while, I decided to wear some simple black jeans, a satin peachy-coloured blouse, and some high-heels to match the colour of my blouse.
I softly curled my hair and did a natural makeup.

Suddenly I heard the door bell ringing. This has to be Michael.
I gave myself one more look in the mirror and took a deep breath, before walking over to the door, unlocking and opening it.
Michael flashed me a big and sweet smile, before stepping forward and pecking my lips.

"You look beautiful tonight!" he said and grabbed my hand to make me spin around, so that he could examine better my outfit.
"You look amazing yourself." I replied smiling back at him. He was wearing some black jeans as well, a white t-shirt and on top of that a dark-blue button down. Of course paired with some black loafers.
"Are you ready to go?" he then asked softly,
"Yea..." I replied and quickly went to grab my purse.

During the entire ride to Hayvenhurst, I couldn't help but being nervous. My legs kept shaking, and my hands just wouldn't stand still.
What if they don't approve our relationship?
What if they say that I'm not the ideal girlfriend for him?

"Baby are you okay?" Michael asked me at some point, placing his hand on my thigh. My head turned to look at him and flashed him a faint smile.
"Yes, of course." I lied.
"Don't tell me you're nervous." he said and giggled. I sighed and looked down at my hands. Soon his hand grabbed mine, intertwining our fingers. "You have nothing to worry about, Jade. They know you already and they adore you. They always did, since the very first day... remember? When you were soaking wet because of our fight with super soakers, and mother scolded me to accompany you upstairs so you could dry yourself up?" he said in a calm and soft tone, making us both giggle.
"How could I forget..." I replied. Our eyes locked again.
"It's going to be fine, don't worry." he then said, before leaning in to peck my lips.

"Sir? We're here." Bill said, as soon as he stopped the car in the front of the Jackson's Residence.

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car with Michael. When we approached, we intertwined our hands again and made our way inside.
Everyone was waiting in the backyard and were seated around the picnic table already.

The first one to notice us was Katherine. As soon as her eyes met mine she smiled widely, and walked closer before embracing me in a warm and lovely hug.

"Jade, my sweetheart, it's so good seeing you again. How are you?" she asked gently in her soft and soothing voice. I hugged her tight and smiled widely.
"Happy to be back, Kathy. I'm doing good, how about you?" I replied, before stepping back. She grabbed both my hands and smiled at me.
"Oh, we're doing amazing." she said.

She then signed us to take a seat and that's what we did, after greeting everyone.

"How is work going, Jade?" Jackie asked politely,
"It's going really good. I actually have a new shooting coming up in a few days and a Fashion Show before Christmas." I replied and flashed him a faint smile,
"Oh really? I can't wait to see it then. I really love what you deliver, you're an amazing model." he replied, and everyone agreed. Jermaine even had a smirk plastered on his face.
"Enough you guys..." Michael scolded them while rolling his eyes, making me giggle.
"What's wrong, Mikey? Since when are you jealous over Jade?" Tito joked, making the others laugh even more.
"Since she's my girlfriend. No, actually, I always have been and you know that." Michael replied. And as soon as these words slipped out of his mouth, everyone stopped laughing, and their eyes traveled back and forth between me and Michael.