Chapter 48 - Moving on

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟷𝚜𝚝, 𝟷99𝟺 - 𝟻 𝙿.𝙼.
*𝙹𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I was at Kenzie's and Randy's house right now, since I was longing to visit my now pregnant best friend. Yes, she's pregnant!

I haven't seen her in a while and we had a lot to talk about. Randy was friendly enough to give us some space and privacy to talk about our personal stuff.

"So... I heard that you're leaving the country tomorrow morning. I believe it's for a music video, right?" she asked, as we sat down on the couch next to each other, drinking a cup of tea.
"Yea... I'm going to Miami for a couple of days and afterwards I'll have to go to New York City for a photoshoot." I replied excitedly,
"Lucky you. In a couple of months I won't look that good anymore..." she whined, making me giggle.
"But it's a beautiful thing... you're carrying a baby..." I said softly, while gently stroking her lower stomach.
"Yea and you're going to be the godmother." she said, and my face suddenly turned into a serious look.
"Wait what? For real?!" I asked excitedly, my eyes growing wider. She smiled widely and nodded.
"Yes. And Randy wanted Michael as the godfather..." she whispered, I bit my lower lip as hard as I could, before embracing her in a tight hug.
"God, Kenz... thank you! It's such an honour for me, really." I whispered, as tears started to fill my eyes. The smile upon my lips not fading away.

After a while, Randy came running into the living room.

"Girls, look at that!" he shouted while turning the TV on, and going on the News Channel. We loosened up from our embrace and looked at the television.

"The King of Pop Michael Jackson and the King of Rock and Roll's daughter Lisa Marie Presley were spotted on a romantic dinner last night... these two lovebirds look completely in love with each other. Could this be the right time for Jackson?" the Lady from the News Channel said, before showing a picture:

 Could this be the right time for Jackson?" the Lady from the News Channel said, before showing a picture:

My smile slowly faded away, and my face turned into a frown.
My heart stopped beating for a second and my dry got suddenly really dry... my eyes focused on the photo that was being showed in the TV.

"Uhm... baby... please, turn the TV off and leave us alone for a moment." Kenzie whispered to Randy, and he immediately did as she said.

I gulped and looked down at my hands, biting my lower lip.
Then I felt Kenzie's hand stroking my back.

"You okay?" she whispered, I turned my head to look at her and flashed her a faint and sad smile.
"Sure. Why shouldn't I be okay?" I asked,
"Jade..." she started,
"Kenz, we didn't reconciliate... he's a free and single man, and if he found happiness with her, then I'm happy for him." I said and shrugged my shoulders, "really... I mean it." I added.
"But you're not over him, I can see it in your eyes..." she whispered,
"I will never get over him. But that doesn't mean that he can't date some other woman. I mean... he used to date June, right? And I was okay with it. Why should it be different now that he's dating Lisa?" I replied, she sighed.
"If you need me... you know that I'm here for you, right?" she whispered softly, making me smile for real.
"Yes, I know. Thank you, Kenz." I replied and embraced her in another hug.