Chapter 33 - Awards

𝙰𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚕 𝟷𝟸𝚝𝚑, 𝟷9𝟾9 - 𝟾 𝙿.𝙼.
*𝙼𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚕'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

Me and Jade are now on our way to the Shrine Auditorium, since I am going to attend the Soul Train Music Awards. My parents are going to be there too.

For tonight I was wearing some black leather pants with red bands on the sides of my legs and tons of golden buckles attached to it, a red silk blouse with a triangle made of diamonds attached to the collar instead of a tie, paired with a black coat and some shiny black loafers.
While Jade looked incredibly good in that black dress.

As soon as we arrived, we walked inside hand in hand, smiling and waving at the cameras

Tonight we also met other fellow celebrities here, who were happy to see us.

We chatted for a while, until the ceremony begun, and had to take a seat.

At some point the nominees were presented, and I got nominated for five different titles.

Then lots of celebrities performed. People like: Bobby Brown, Sheena Easton and many others.

Once the performances were over, it was time to present the winners.
Jade squeezed my hand gently, knowing how bad I felt last time at the Grammys. I looked over to her and we both flashed each other an anxious smile.

So far, I won Best R&B/Soul Single-Male, Best R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video.
Everyone applauded for me.

Then Eddie Murphy started presenting me.

"As most people know by now, Michael Jackson over the past year appeared before more people and toured more countries of the world than any other artist. The Michael Jackson World Tour went to fifteen countries in all and grows more than a hundred and twenty one million dollars, and was seen upwards of four million fans... from another perspective on Michael Jackson's phenomenal career, I'd like to introduce you to one of Michael's closest friends and wonderful actress, whom I'd admired for quite some time now... Miss Elizabeth Taylor." he said, and everyone applauded.

Elizabeth then walked on stage, in all her beauty, smiling and waving at the audience, walking towards the microphone to start her speech.

"Thank you, Eddie." she started, "I'd like to say a few words... about a wonderful human being... who is also one of my dearest friends. I would adore Michael Jackson, whether he was the world's biggest greatest star or not. But it so happens that he is the greatest... and perhaps one of the most gift gifted music makers the world has ever known. What makes Michael even more unique, may be the fact that all of his accomplishments, his rewards, his-.. have not altered... his sensitivity and concern for the welfare of others, or his intense caring and love for his family and friends..." she said, but stopped because some fans in the audience started screaming, "and his fans, and his children all the world over... an international favourite for all ages, an incredible force of energy... the art of music... a paysetter for quality of production... a vanguard for high standards of entertainment. What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? ... Michael Jackson, that's all. And just when you think you know him... he gives you more." she added.