Chapter 31 - Employees

𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟷9𝟾𝟾 - 𝟻 𝙿.𝙼.
*𝙹𝚊𝚍𝚎'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

Me and Frank have been sitting in Michael's office the entire day now. People coming and going since this morning, while we were trying to decide which one of them we should hire.
And that's not it. We will keep going with these job interviews.
Frank said we should hire at least 100 employees!

Now, isn't that just crazy?! A HUNDRED EMPLOYEES.

They've got to be kidding me.

Thank god it's over for today. Yet, we stayed in the office to discuss a few more things about the people that we've met today.

"Listen, take a look at all of them and write down who you like and who you dislike. When I come over tomorrow I will check it out. 'Kay?" Frank said gently, while I rested my elbows on the desk, massaging my temples with my fingers.
"Yea, alright..." I said and released a heavy sigh.
"You'll be alright." he said and giggled. "I gotta go now... see ya tomorrow." he said,
"Bye Frank." I replied and watched him leave.

I looked at the pile of papers in front of me, laying on the desk.
We've met at least 40 people today... and now I have to look through each one of these files and decide who I like and who I dislike.
God...

I quickly looked at the clock and noticed that it was time to call Michael. I instantly grabbed the speaker from the desk and started calling him, waiting for him to pick up...

"Jackson." he replied,
"Hi stranger." I joked,
"Hi baby." he replied releasing a giggle. "How was your day?" he asked, I scoffed and rolled my eyes, while resting my back against the chair.
"Stressful... we've met at least forty people today, and now Frank has given me the duty to look into all the files from the ones we've met today and I have to mark who I like and who I dislike. I want to remember you, that I'm doing this for you . If it was for me I wouldn't have started this. We don't need a hundred people walking around our house, Michael!" I said in a calm and exhausted tone,
"I know, baby... but you can't take care of the entire House or Ranch all on your own. I'm doing this for your well-being..." he replied softly, I sighed and looked at the pile of papers still laying in front of me. "How about to read to me these papers and I help you out?" he offered,
"No, no need my love, I'll just do it later. How was your day? Did you get enough rest from yesterday's concert?" I said.

We then started chatting, updating each other ... we then started talking about the future plans we had, until a maid knocked on the door.

"Hold on, baby..." I whispered on the phone, "come in!" I yelled looking at the door. The maid with a smile plastered on her face and a tray full of food walked in,
"I'm here to give you your dinner, Mrs. López." she says,
"Oh, already?" I asked and looked at the clock.

8 P.M. ... damn.

"Alright, you can put it over there... thank you." I shyly said, she smiled and bowed before leaving and closing the door.
"Go eat your dinner, baby, we can talk tomorrow." Michael said over the phone,
"Alright... I love you and I miss you, my love." I whined,
"I love you and miss you more, baby. Good night." he softly said, making me smile.
"Good night." I whispered and hung up.

After eating my dinner and washing the dishes, I grabbed the pile of papers and walked upstairs to our bedroom.
I placed them down on the bed and quickly walked into the closet to grab some fresh clothes. When I did that, I went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, before sitting on the bed and looking into each file...

I stayed up almost the entire night, marking the files of these people. I somehow feel so bad doing this... who am I to judge? I have no experience in this. I don't know why Michael wanted me to do this.