Six

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

"HE ASKED YOU out? Like actually?" Isla asked Margot as they walked to class. "Yes, it was so unexpected, but we're going out tonight and I'm so excited." Margot gushed.

"Yeah I bet you are, you're finally going on a date with the love of your life!" Isla practically shouted and Margot shushed her. "Okay maybe not the love of my life, but it's still exciting either way."

"See, I told you that if you just talked to him then you'd actually be able to get somewhere with him, and now you're going on a date!" Isla exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, you were right." Margot rolled her eyes.

"Damn right I was."

Lunch came around and both girls sat at their usual table with the boys. They were eating and chatting peacefully until Lucas decided to show up and expose Margot.

"Hey Margot, I just wanted to let you know to just wear something casual tonight incase you were wondering on what to wear." Lucas said.

Margot stared at him wide-eyed, Isla was amused, and the boys were staring him down like dogs with a bone.

"O-okay." She nodded and Lucas smiled.

"I'll see you tonight then." And he walked away.

The boys all looked at Margot, "What did he mean by see you tonight?" Pony asked her. "Nothing-"

"Your sister here has a date." Isla spoke up.

Margot glared at her and kicked her from under the table, "Ow!" Isla glared right back.

"You're what?" They all shouted.

"Shut up! It's not a big deal." Margot mumbled. "Not a big deal? You're dating a soc! If Darry finds out he'll kill you." Pony said.

"And that's why you're not telling him."

"But-"

"You all have to promise me not to tell Darry, not even Soda, Steve I'm looking at you." She gave Steve a warning look. "Are you sure you want to go out with him? He's a soc, who knows what he's capable of." Pony said.

"He's not capable of anything, Lucas isn't like that, I'll be fine I promise." Margot reassured him. "Just please promise me not to say anything, if things get serious with us then I'll tell Darry, but for now it's just harmless fun." Margot said.

Pony sighed, "Fine, I won't say anything."

Margot smiled and then looked at the other boys, "Yeah us too." Steve said and Johnny and Two-Bit nodded along.

"Okay, thank you."

"That goes for you too you big blabber mouth." Margot pointed at Isla who just smiled. "My mouth is sealed."

At the end of the day Margot and Isla took their own way home and Pony walked with Johnny. Dallas stood outside the school waiting for them, Ponyboy just walked past him, an angry look on his face.

"What's his problem?" Dallas asked Johnny as let out an air of smoke. "He's mad at Margot." Johnny answered.

Dallas snorted, "That's shocking, what'd she do now?" He asked. "You remember that soc we bumped into last night?"

Dallas nodded.

"She's going out with him tonight."

Dallas' face faltered just a little and he was quick to cover it up with a laugh, "Seriously?"