Thirty one

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

"SO BASICALLY YOU broke up with him." Isla said and Margot shrugged, "Mmm, we weren't really together in the first place but yeah, basically."

"Hm, why though?"

"Because he thought we were just hooking up, like it was going to be a casual thing. I don't want to be just a girl he hooks up with." Margot explained. "You want something serious then?" Isla asked.

"Yeah, I mean with Lucas it wasn't serious and he turned out to be an asshole, I guess I'm tired of playing the field, I want a real relationship." Margot said.

Isla nodded, "And you deserve to be in one, and if Dallas doesn't want to commit then it's his loss." She shrugged. "Yeah you're right, I don't know what I expected from him, I mean the guys probably never committed to anything in his whole life, I don't know why I thought this time would be different." Margot frowned.

"You still like him, huh?"

"Of course I do, I mean we barely lasted a week but I still feel drawn to him, I haven't seen him since I told him off and I already miss him, it hasn't even been two days." Margot said.

"Wow, you have it bad girl."

"I know, but I'll get over it, I have to." Margot said more to herself than Isla. "So that's it then? It's just over?" Isla questioned. Margot glanced at her and sighed, "Yeah, I guess it is."

The bell rang and the girls gathered their things, "It's okay to like him, you know? Even if he is a bad person, you can't help who you love." Isla reassured her.

Margot didn't respond to that, she didn't know how to. They walked to the cafeteria in silence and they sat down at their lunch table. Johnny and Pony sat across from them, "Hey, we're playing football after school, you girls want to join?" Pony asked them.

"I have to work, sorry." Isla said. "I might, I'll see how I'm feeling." Margot said. Steve sat beside Johnny, "Hey, what's happening?" He asked.

"We're playing football, wanna join?"

"Hell yeah, I love me a game of football, I'll tell Soda too." Steve grinned. Two-Bit appeared next to Margot, "We're playing football? Oh I'm so there." He said.

"What's with you guys and football? It's not even that fun." Isla said and all the boys looked at her. She put her fork down and glanced at all of them, "What'd I say?" She looked at Margot who chuckled at all of their reactions.

She was about to take a spoonful of her Mac & Cheese when she was pushed forward from behind. She looked down at her shirt that was now covered in Mac & Cheese and her jaw clenched.

Isla let out a gasp, "Gross."

Margot whipped around and stood up, "Watch it, dumbass." She snapped at the guy who shoved her. She recognized the guy to be a soc named Tony, he was a real asshole. He had ran into her while he and his friends were playing football.

"What'd you just say to me?" He took a step forward so he was now standing right in front of her. The boys all stood up the second he took that step, ready to pounce on him if needed.

"I think you heard me." Margot glared up at him, not backing down. Tony glanced behind her and at the boys who were staring him down. "Hm, you think you're all tuff with your little gang behind you?" He scoffed.

Margot glanced behind him to see his friends also ready to fight if needed. "I guess you do too, you and your goons shouldn't be throwing a football around anyway, so why don't you fools take it out to the field instead of ruining my clothes." Margot gestured to her stained shirt.