Thirty four

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

MARGOT WOKE UP feeling like a zombie. She didn't get any sleep last night, she just kept tossing and turning the whole night thinking about Johnny. She couldn't believe that this had happened to him. She just kept asking herself, "Why him?" He never did anything to hurt anyone, he of all people didn't deserve what happened to him.

She got out of bed and walked downstairs, she saw Johnny on the couch still unconscious. She walked into the kitchen where all the boys were gathered at the kitchen table, Dallas included.

"He hasn't woken up?" She rubbed her eyes. "No, not once." Dallas answered. He looked tired, they all did. "Anyone get any sleep last night?" She asked them.

"Nope." They all answered.

"I don't think anyone did." Darry said, referring to Two-Bit and Steve. Margot looked back at Johnny and she frowned, "I hope he wakes up soon." She said.

"What if he doesn't wake up?" Pony spoke up.

"Don't say that Pones, he will wake up." Soda said. Pony looked down at the table, "I'm sorry, he just looks so..." Pony trailed off.

Soda put a comforting hand on his shoulder, "He's going to be okay Pones, we'll make sure of it." He reassured him. Pony looked up at him and smiled softly, "Okay." He nodded.

"Want some coffee?" Darry asked Margot. "Yes please, I'm gonna need some to get through the day." Margot said and Darry made her a cup of coffee.

"You work today?" Darry asked her. Margot sighed, "Yeah, but I'm calling off, I want to stay with him, make sure he's okay." Margot said and Darry nodded.

"Me too."

"You and Steve should go to work, get your minds off of this, take Pony with you." Darry said to Soda. He glanced at Pony who had his head in his hands and frowned, "Come on Pony, let's get ready for work." He said and Pony looked up and nodded and followed Soda to the room.

Margot sat down at the table beside Dallas and she took a sip of her coffee. "I'm going to take a shower, don't worry about the dishes I'll take care of them when I'm done." Darry set his mug in the sink and left the kitchen.

Once she heard the bathroom door shut she looked at Dallas who stared into his bowl of cereal. She would've offered him some coffee but she knew that he hated coffee.

"You doing okay?" She asked him.

Dallas didn't look at her, "I guess." He shrugged. Margot reached out and placed her hand over his, "He's going to be okay, you know?" She reassured him.

"I know." He nodded.

Margot heard a small groan and her head whipped to the living room where she saw Johnny stirring awake on the couch. She quickly stood up, nearly knocking her coffee over, and she rushed over to him, kneeling in front of him.

"Johnny? Hey Johnnycakes." She said softly, trying not to startle him. Johnny's eyes fluttered open, "Margot?"

"Hi, yeah it's me." Margot smiled, running her fingers through his hair. He tried sitting up but he let out a pained groan and laid back down, "It's okay, just lay down, you're still sore." Margot said.

Dallas stood behind her, a frown on his face. Johnny looked at him, "Hey Dal." He said. Margot looked up at Dallas and she stood up, "Talk to him, I'm going to get him some water." She said and walked away.

Dallas looked down at Johnny who winced as he tried sitting up again, "Stay down before you hurt yourself." Dallas demanded.

"I think I'm hurt enough." Johnny grumbled and managed to sit up right. "You remember the guys who did this to you?" Dallas asked him.