Seventeen

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

AFTER HER LITTLE chat with Dallas, Margot walked all the way home. She internally screamed when she saw Darry's truck parked in front of the house. He must've gotten home early.

She hesitantly walked into the house and tossed her backpack onto the couch. Darry peaked his head out from the kitchen and was surprised to see Margot standing there.

"What the hell are you doing here? Why aren't you in school?" He immediately began shouting at her. Margot sighed, "Can you not yell at me right now? I've had a bad day and I could use my older brother right about now." Margot held her arms open so he could hug her.

Darry frowned and wrapped his arms around her. Margot sunk right into him, she missed his bear hugs. They had been fighting so often that they hadn't bonded like real siblings in months, she missed just having him as an older brother and not their guardian.

"What happened?" He asked, not letting her go. "You know that teacher you talked to?" She asked him.

"Yeah?"

"Well it didn't work."

Darry pulled away and looked down at her, his eyebrows knitted together. "What do you mean?" He asked. "He yelled at me today, he threatened me and said terrible things about me." Margot said.

"He did what? That little-" Darry went to reach for his keys and Margot tugged on his arm, "Wait, as much as I'd love to see you beat him up, I know a better way to get him back." Margot said.

"What?"

"Get him fired, the school won't believe me but they'll believe you." Margot smirked. Darry cocked a brow, "That's not a bad idea." His lips curled into a sneaky smile.

"Okay you go do that, and I'll be at the DX." Margot reached for the doorknob, "Woah, hey! What are you going over there for?" Darry stopped her.

"What? I can't go visit my favorite twin brother?"

"He's your only twin brother."

"Exactly, bye!" Margot rushed out before he could say anything else. She walked to the DX and headed straight for the counter, "Hey little bro." Margot grinned.

Soda glared at her, "Just because you were born five minutes before me doesn't make me your little bro, so stop calling me that." He pointed a finger at her. Margot just smirked, "That is exactly what it means, and I'll never stop."

"What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?" He checked the clock on the wall. "Yeah, had trouble with my teacher again, but it's okay, Darry's taking care of it as we speak." Margot smirked.

"What-"

The door opened before he could speak, Margot looked over her shoulder at the door and she immediately rolled her eyes when she saw it was only Dallas.

"You again?"

"Oh hey, still crying?"

"You were crying?" Soda asked, Margot glared at Dallas and turned to Soda, "No! What are you doing here, Dallas?" She turned back to him.

"Getting some smokes, what are you doing here? Crying to your brother?" He smirked and sauntered off to find his cigarettes. Soda let out a snort and Margot sent him a deathly glare, Soda's smile dropped and he stood up straight.

"Steve why are you laughing at her?"

Margot rolled her eyes, Steve wasn't even in the room. Dallas appeared beside her already pulling a cigarette from the box. "So, how exactly is Darry taking care of that teacher of yours?" Soda asked.

Margot pulled her eyes away from Dallas, "He's talking to the school to get him fired." Margot answered.

"Oh, well I see you took my advice after all." Dallas smirked. "Surprisingly, it wasn't bad advice." Margot shrugged.

"Well then, you ever need more advice you know where to find me Curtis." Dallas sauntered out of the gas station without another word. "Since when do you take advice from Dallas?" Soda asked her.

"It was a one time thing, okay? It's not a big deal." She shrugged. "You really think Darry can get him fired?" Soda asked.

"I hope he can, I mean he's an adult and a man, and as much as it pains me to say it, a man's word mean more than a women's, which is stupid because we are just as capable as any man, more even, because you guys are a bunch of crybabies." Margot rambled.

"Hey, I'm not a crybaby." Soda defended.

"You just proved my point."

Soda rolled his eyes, "You're right, I'm all for women's rights and all, but in my opinion, I think you should've just kicked him in the balls and called it a day, because we may hold power in this society but the biggest power you women hold is your beauty, and your ability to kick us where the sun don't shine, so you remember that."

"Noted, still doesn't mean anything though, sure our beauty is our biggest power because you men are so gullible and easy to manipulate, but we want more, we want opportunities, futures, power, everything that you guys have, we want." Margot said. "And you should have that, it's not fair that we get handed everything and you guys have to fight for what you deserve, you ever need me to hold up a poster board to fight for you, I'm there sis." Soda held his hand out and Margot smiled and they did their handshake.

"Thanks little bro."

Soda's smile dropped, "Get out before I jump over this counter and beat you up." He pointed towards the door. Margot smirked, "Fine, I'll leave, see you at home...little bro!" She ran out of the gas station as she said those last words.

Margot walked back home, she saw that Darry's truck was gone and she smiled to herself. That meant she had the house to herself.

She opened the door and that smile dropped the second she saw Dallas sitting on their couch. "What the hell are you doing here?" She shut the door behind her.

"Watching tv."

Margot glanced at the tv, "It's not even on."

Dallas shrugged and pulled out a cigarette, "Get out, you don't even live here." Margot pointed to the door. "Why don't you make me." Dallas lit the cigarette between his lips and inhaled the smoke.

Margot glared at the boy, "Why do you have to be so difficult? Why can't you just leave?" She was starting to get irritated now.

"Because I don't want to."

Margot let out a huff, "I don't care what you want, this is my house, so leave." She said more sternly. "I don't listen to losers." He exhaled the smoke.

Margot dug her nails into her palm, trying her best to stay calm but his attitude was pissing her off. "Fine, stay, leave, drop dead, I don't care." Margot walked into the kitchen.

Dallas snickered, glad he succeeded at annoying her.

Margot came back with a bat in her hand, "But if you don't get up in the next five seconds I'm swinging this bat at your head." She held it up, ready to swing.

"You won't do it." Dallas smirked.

Margot swung the bat, barely missing his head. "Jesus- what the fuck is wrong with you?!" He shouted, jumping up from the couch. "Should've left when I told you to." Margot said, fixing her grip on the bat.

"Okay, okay! Fine, Jesus you're crazy!" Dallas shouted. "Yep, sure am!"

"I'm telling Darry on you!" He pointed at her, "Go ahead, I'll just tell him you were smoking in here!" Margot shouted back.

"Man whatever, I'm out of here, crazy bitch." He mumbled the last part to himself.

Margot smiled to herself, "I think I took that very well."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I love Margot she's so funny