Fourty

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

"I SAID NO tomatoes Marco, do you want to sabotage me?" Isla shouted as she slid the hamburger back. "Sorry." Marco mumbled and took the hamburger back.

Isla sighed and she set her tray down and grabbed her notebook and went to her new table. "What can I get for you?" She asked, a fake smile on her face. That smile faded the second she saw Dallas.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him.

"Getting food, isn't it obvious?" Dallas remarked. Isla narrowed her eyes at him, "Don't be a smartass, Margot isn't working if that's why you're here." Isla crossed her arms.

"I'm not here for her." Dallas said and Isla scoffed, "Not surprised, what do you want?" She held up her notebook to write down his order.

"A Coke, light ice." Dallas said and Isla gave him a fake smile, "Coming right up." And she walked away. She grabbed the remade hamburger, gave it to her other table, and went back to get Dallas' coke.

She walked over to his table, Coke in hand. The second she went to set the Coke down she "accidentally" tipped it over and it spilled all over Dallas' lap.

"Oops, my bad." Isla shrugged.

"What the fuck!" Dallas jumped up from the table and he glared at her, "You did that on purpose." He pointed a finger at her.

"I sure did, you mess with my friend you mess with me, be glad it wasn't coffee." Isla spat before she walked away. Dallas glared at the back of her head and he looked down at his pants that were now soaked.

He let out a frustrated sigh and stormed out of the diner.

Later at the Curtis house, Margot sat the kitchen table once again doing her English homework this time. She was home alone, she had kicked all the boys out so she could concentrate.

She heard the door open and she assumed it was Pony and Johnny so she didn't bother looking up. She heard footsteps nearing the kitchen and they stopped right in front of her.

"You better tell your friend to watch her back." She heard Dallas' voice. She tensed up and she didn't look up, "What are you talking about?" She continued writing.

"She spilled soda all over me!"

Margot snickered, "You probably deserved it."

"You- will you look at me?!" Dallas shouted, slamming his hands onto the table. Margot stopped writing and her grip on the pencil tightened, she stared intensely at the table, trying not to look him in the eye.

"No."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"Okay but will you just do something? Yell at me, hit me, do something!" Dallas shouted.

"What do you want from me?!" Margot shouted back, finally looking at him. "You refuse to love me back, you refuse to care about me! What the hell do you want me to do? Keep pining after you like a fool? I won't be with someone who can't love me back, I won't do it."

"But-"

Margot stood up, "You pushed me away, so why are you insistent on me looking at you? You're the one who wanted nothing to do with me so why are you still here?!" Margot shouted in his face.

"Because I do care!"

Margot's face dropped at his words.