Thirty seven

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

THE NEXT MORNING Margot went downstairs to eat breakfast, she stopped at the foot of the stairs when she saw Dallas sitting on the couch. They made eye contact and Margot gave him a small smile, which he didn't return.

He looked away and Margot frowned at the action. She hopped down and walked into the kitchen and made herself a plate of cereal. Soda walked in, shoes in hand.

"You know shoes are meant to be worn, right?" Margot said, her mouth full of cereal. Soda rolled his eyes at her, "No shit Sherlock." He retorted. "I know you hate wearing shoes for some weird reason, but no one wants to see your bare feet so put them on, yeah?" Margot said.

"You're the only one who minds seeing my feet, the boys don't care." Soda said. "Well they should, it's disgusting." Margot murmured.

"You're disgusting."

"I'll throw my shoe at you, I will." Margot pointed her spoon at him. "Go ahead, you have bad aim anyway." Soda taunted her. Margot glared at him and she slipped her shoe off and threw it at him.

She missed him as he ran out of the kitchen and hit the wall instead. "Margot what did I say about throwing shoes!" Darry shouted from the living room.

Johnny walked into the kitchen and Margot smiled at him, "You look better." She said. Johnny gave her a small smile, "I feel a little better." He said.

"That's good, you thinking of going to school anytime soon?" Margot asked him. Johnny took a seat beside her, "I don't think so." He frowned. Margot gave him a sympathetic look and placed her hand over his, "Take your time Johnnycakes, we ain't gonna force you to do anything you don't want to." She reassured him.

He gave her a small smile and nodded. Dallas walked into the kitchen and he eyed Margot's hand that was still on top of Johnny's. Margot took her hand away and met his eyes, "Don't stop on my account." He said and headed for the fridge.

He grabbed a soda and Margot stood up and snatched the bottle from him, "Go buy your own drink." She said and leaned against the counter, soda in hand.

Dallas glared at her and Johnny eyed the two warily, "I think I'm gonna go." He said and practically ran out of the kitchen. Dallas and Margot didn't break eye contact, they just continued to glare at each other.

"What's wrong with you?" Margot finally broke the silence. "Nothing." Dallas responded.

"Oh yeah? Then what's with the cold shoulder?" She questioned. "I didn't give you no cold shoulder." Dallas said and Margot's grip tightened around the soda bottle in frustration.

"You're such an asshole."

"Whatever, just give me the soda." He reached for the bottle and Margot pulled it away, "You're not getting anything if you don't explain." Margot said.

Dallas scoffed, "Fine, i'm leaving anyway." He left the kitchen and out the front door. Margot set the bottle down on the counter and she sighed, what the hell was wrong with him?

Margot grabbed her backpack off the floor, "Pony let's go." She demanded harshly. She didn't bother waiting for him and walked out the front door. Pony chased after her, "Thanks for waiting for me." He said sarcastically.

"Shut up." She grumbled.

They got to school and Margot went straight for her locker. Isla walked up to the girl, a smile on her face. "Hey!" She exclaimed, Margot glanced at her, "Hey." She muttered, clearly not in the mood.