Fifty five

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

"HOW THE HELL did that start?" Pony asked. "Jesus Christ!" Dallas drove closer to the church, Pony jumped out before the car even stopped. Margot reached out for his coat to stop him but he was already out of the car.

"Pony where you going?" Johnny shouted after him. "Damn it Ponyboy!" Margot shouted. "Get over here man!" Dallas shouted.

He stopped running and listened in, apparently there was missing children and they were most likely in the church. Once Ponyboy heard this he ran straight into the church.

The male teacher ran after him trying to stop him. Johnny jumped out of the car to chase after him and Dallas tried holding him back but Johnny was faster.

"Johnny!" Margot shouted but he was already gone. Margot looked at Dallas and he looked back at her, his face dropped and he glared at her.

"Don't you dare!" He pointed a finger at her.

"Bite me!" She jumped out of the car and ran towards the burning church. "Son of a- Margot!" Dallas shouted and jumped after her.

He caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, Margot tried squirming out of his grip but he wouldn't budge.

"Get off me!"

"No!"

"That's my brother in there!" Margot shouted. Dallas put her down and grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes, "I know, and I'm gonna get him, I promise." He said and began running towards the church.

Margot grabbed the back of his jean jacket, "Dallas no!" He stopped and turned to look at her. "Stay here." He demanded and ran off before she could stop him.

She watched as Dallas helped the boys pull the kids out of the burning church. She looked around at all the crying kids and she couldn't just stand there and do nothing.

She ran towards the church and next to Dallas who looked at her in shock, "What the hell are you doing? Get back!" He shouted.

"No! I'm helping." She grabbed one of the kids and Dallas didn't bother protesting because he knew she wouldn't back down.

They began coughing from all the smoke inhalation. Margot poked her head inside shouting at the boys to hurry up so they could get out safely. She noticed a little boy crying a little too close to the fire, Johnny and Ponyboy were too busy with the other crying kids to notice him.

She cursed to herself and climbed through the window, "Margot!" Dallas shouted after her. She ignored him and went to grab the kid but he backed up, scared.

"God damnit, get your ass over here kid." She grumbled but he backed up again. He tripped over a piece of wood behind him and Margot's eyes widened, she reached out to him and grabbed his shoulders and pushed him in front of her, blocking his fall from the fire and burning herself in the process.

She winced but pushed through the pain and carried the kid over to the window, "Margot get out of there!" Dallas shouted as she reached him. "Here get him out!" She shouted and handed him the kid.

Once the kid was safe Dallas grabbed her before she could grab another kid and dragged her out the window. Margot winced, "Ow careful!" She shouted.

He put her down, "You're hurt?"

"Yes but I'm fine, get them out of there!" Margot gestured to Ponyboy and Johnny who were still getting kids out. Dallas hesitated, "Go I'm fine!" Margot shouted and Dallas cursed to himself and went back to the window.