Nine

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

MARGOT WASN'T LYING when she said she would tell Soda about Lucas. She just wanted to date him first before Soda got ahold of him and beat him senseless.

He wasn't as overprotective like Darry was but he was still protective nonetheless, she was his twin sister for godsake. She was his other half, his best friend.

But if he found out that she was going out with a soc he would kill her and him. He didn't mind if he dated one of their own, but a soc? It was like signing a death wish.

Margot lied again and told her brothers that she was hanging out with Isla, they believed her because she hadn't given them a reason not to, and she left the house.

She met up with Lucas at the park like they had planned, when she got there he held a small box in his hand. "Hey, whats that?" She asked him, curious and intrigued.

"It's a ring, for you." He handed her the small black velvet box. Margot grinned and opened it, her jaw dropped as she looked down at the beautiful real diamond ring. "Lucas, it's beautiful, thank you." She took the ring out and put it on, it fit like a glove.

She wasn't expecting him to get her any gifts this soon, it was only their second date. "Of course, I saw it at the store and thought of you, thought you should have it." Lucas said.

This only made Margot's smile grow.

"I love it."

"I'm glad, now we should get going before we miss the movie." Lucas wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

They walked to the nightly double and Lucas bought them snacks and they took a seat. They watched the movie in silence, Lucas glanced at her and pretended to stretch and wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Margot smiled at the action and she leaned into him and continued to eat her popcorn. "How come you never let me pick you up? I have a car you know." Lucas asked out of nowhere.

Margot didn't know how to answer him, "Um, well...I just didn't think you'd want to drive to that part of town, they might hijack you, you know?" Margot lied.

The real reason was because her brothers, besides Pony, didn't know she was dating a soc and she didn't want them to know. Because if they did Darry would ground her forever and they will kill Lucas, so she'd much rather keep it a secret.

"You may be right, but it's better than walking." Lucas said, "I guess, but I'd rather have you in one piece." Margot said and Lucas smiled.

They finished watching the rest of the movie in silence and once it was over Lucas walked Margot back to the park. "Tonight was fun, I really like hanging out with you." Lucas said.

Margot smiled, "Me too."

She watched as Lucas took a step closer, she watched as Lucas cupped her cheek and leaned down to kiss her. Margot closed her eyes and leaned into him, kissing him back.

After a minute they pulled away, "I should go." Margot said, breathless. "Yeah, me too, I'll see you at school." Lucas said.

Margot nodded, "Yeah, bye." She took a step back and waved him goodbye. He smiled and waved back. Margot turned and walked away.

She walked back home and she entered the house with a huge smile on her face. That smile dropped the second she saw Darry standing there with his arms crossed, a certain look on his face.

The look that told her all she needed to know.

She was in trouble.

"Darry, h-hi, what's up." She tried playing cool, maybe he didn't know. "Hi." Margot froze in place, the tone in his voice said it all, he definitely knew.