Thirty nine

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞
»»————- ★ ————-««

ONE MONTH LATER and Margot was still ignoring Dallas. Ever since that night she hadn't talked to him, she hadn't looked at him, she hadn't even fought him.

It was like he didn't exist to her.

And for Dallas that was much worse than them fighting all the time. At least when they were fighting she'd acknowledge him, but now she acted like nothing had ever happened between them. But it was his own fault, and he knew it.

He did this to them. He pushed her away and that was his own fault, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

Margot sat at the kitchen table with Isla doing homework. She chewed on the end of her pencil staring down at her math book with a confused face.

"What the hell is this? X times fifty? What the hell does x mean?" Margot questioned. Isla snickered, "You act like I know."

Margot groaned and slammed her head onto the textbook, "I hate math."

"Pony! Come help us!" Isla shouted. They heard Pony groan from the other room and he appeared in front of the table, "What?"

"Help us with math." Margot slid him her textbook and he looked down at it and back at Margot, "You're older than me and you're asking your younger sibling for help with math, embarrassing." Pony muttered.

"Don't be such a smartass and help us." Margot said and Pony rolled his eyes and sat down. Dallas sauntered into the kitchen and Margot quickly looked away, not wanting to look at him.

He stood at the table, "Pass me an apple." He said to Pony, gesturing to the fruit bowl in the middle of the table. "Ask Margot." Pony responded as he concentrated on reading the math book.

Dallas glanced at Margot who stared down at her math sheet, refusing to look at him.

"Wanna pass me an apple?" He said to her, Margot didn't even look up at him, she just ignored him.

Isla glanced at the girl and elbowed her arm, "Someone's talking to you." She whispered. Margot gave Dallas a quick look, "Oh, sorry, didn't notice." She said and continued to ignore him.

Dallas' jaw clenched and he scoffed, "Never mind." He murmured and went back to the living room. Pony looked up at her, "Are you two fighting or something?" He asked her.

"Or something, you know what you do it for me, I'll pay you later." Margot stood up and rushed to her room. A few minutes later Isla walked in, "You okay?" She asked her.

Margot sat on her bed reading a book, she glanced up and nodded.

"Fine."

"You sure?"

Margot sighed, "No." she sat up on the bed and Isla sat next to her. "You still love him, huh?" Isla asked. Margot placed her elbows on her knees and held her face in her hands.

"Unfortunately." She mumbled.

"Give it time, you'll get over it soon enough." Isla placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "That's the thing, I don't think I will. I've tried, I've tried to move on and get over him but I can't! I mean you've seen the amount of guys I've talked to, none of them make me feel what he makes me feel." Margot raised her head.

"And I get that, but I hate seeing you like this, how can you love someone who can't love you back?" Isla said. Margot stood up, "I don't know! I wish I didn't love him, I wish that nothing had ever happened between us but it's too late! I can't take it back, I wish I could but I can't!" Margot shouted.

Isla stood up and grabbed her arms, "Okay, okay, I get it, now stop shouting because he's right downstairs." Isla said calmly.

Margot took a deep breath and nodded, "I'm sorry, I just- I've never felt this way about anyone and I don't want to feel like this, I don't want to feel anything." Margot said.

Isla pulled her into a hug, "I know, I know, I'm so sorry that I can't take your pain away." Isla rubbed her back soothingly. Margot let out a shaky breath and blinked away the tears, "Me too."

She hadn't cried every since that night. She refused to. She wouldn't waste her tears on him, not when he didn't deserve it.

He pushed her away, he did this to her. But she couldn't help but feel like everything was her fault. She just wanted to scream at him, she wanted him to understand, she wanted him to care but he wasn't capable of any of that.

And she was the fool who thought that he could, she was the fool who thought she could change him. He was incapable of change and she was stupid enough to not see it sooner. And now here she was, heartbroken over a boy who could never love her back.

Damn him for making her feel things.

She just wanted things to go back to the way they were, back when they would argue and shout at each other. She wanted to hate him like she used to, but she couldn't.

Not anymore.

Now she couldn't even look at him, she had stopped fighting him on things, she stopped acknowledging him all together. She thought it'd be easier if she acted like he didn't exist, but it only made it harder.

He tried to fight her, but she never gave him the time of day. He wanted her to shout at him, to hit him, to do anything as long as she looked at him.

But she didn't.

The girls pulled away and Margot ran a hand through her hair, "I'm okay, I'll be okay, I promise." She sniffled. Isla frowned, "I know you will, you're the strongest person I know."

Margot gave her a small smile, "I love you, you know that?"

"I know, I love you too babes, now cheer up because I'm taking you out for ice cream, so put your jacket on and let's go." Isla clapped her hands and whipped the door open.

Margot chuckled, "Okay I'll be right down."

Margot snatched a jacket from her closet and hopped down the stairs. "Where you two going?" Pony asked.

"For ice cream, bye!" Margot shouted as they rushed out the door. Pony looked over at Dallas who sat on the couch lighting a cigarette.

"What did you do to her?"

Dallas glanced at him and inhaled some smoke and exhaled, "Nothing, mind your business."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Spicy things coming soon👀