Twenty nine

𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬
»»————- ★ ————-««

"HELLO?" ISLA SAID from the other end of the phone, "Why the hell did you tell Dallas I liked him?" Margot screamed into the phone.

"Oh, you know about that?" Isla tried laughing it off but Margot wasn't having it, "Of course I do, Dallas told me himself, do you know how embarrassing that was?!" Margot continued to shout.

"That asshole told you? No wonder you hate him so much." Isla grumbled. "That's not the point, the point is why you didn't tell me?" Margot demanded. "Well I didn't think he'd bring it up, and it's not like you were ever going to tell him!" Isla defended.

"You don't know that!"

"Oh but I do, I know you better than you know yourself, you were never going to tell him, at least not without a little push." Isla said and Margot sighed. "Yeah whatever, I'm not staying mad at you only because I have something really urgent to tell you." Margot said.

"Okay, let me sit down for this." Margot could hear her moving around through the phone, "Okay I'm good, spill."

"Dallas and I almost kissed."

"What?!"

Margot pulled her ear away from the phone, "There's no need to shout." She grumbled. "There's every need to shout! This is big! Why are you not freaking out right now?!" Isla continued to shout into the phone.

"I am! Clearly I'm better at containing myself than you are." Margot said and Isla rolled her eyes. "How did this happen? When did this happen? " Isla questioned.

"Yesterday, he came over with Johnny and I was washing dishes when he cornered me and told me that you told him that I liked him, and I said it was true because why not? And then he stood really close to me and we were this close to kissing when stupid Soda walked in." Margot grumbled the last part.

"Well shit, what happened after?"

"I told him to leave."

"Are you crazy?! Why would you do that?" Isla shouted again. "Because he didn't even know what he was doing! He asked me why I was asking him to leave, if it was because Soda had almost caught us, and I asked him, "caught us doing what, exactly" and he didn't say anything, why didn't he say anything?" Margot explained.

"Because he's an asshole that's why. You haven't seen him at all today?" Isla asked. "No, if he really wanted something real with me then he'd stop by and explain himself but he hasn't, so I'm not going to sit around waiting for him, it's not worth it." Margot said.

"Now that's my girl, you don't need to wait around for a man to come scoop you off your feet, what you need is a girls day, why don't you come over and we'll watch movies and eat all the ice cream we want, how does that sound?" Isla suggested. Margot smiled, "That sounds great, I'll be over later, I have to wait for the boys to come home."

"Where are they?"

"They went grocery shopping, it was their turn to buy." Margot said. "Okay, well I'll see you later then." Isla said.

"Yeah, bye, love you."

"Love you too." Margot put the phone back on the wall and she let out a sigh. She couldn't wait to eat all that ice cream.

She went upstairs to her room to prepare her things for the sleepover. She was packing her backpack up when her window slid open. She jumped and stared wide-eyed as Dallas climbed in.

"What the hell are you doing?" She shouted. "Sneaking in, can't you tell?" Dallas said as he closed the window shut. "For what? There's no one home." Margot said and Dallas stood there.