Chapter 44 | S1: End

Sunoo's POV

The world froze as the blade hung perilously above me, poised to seal my fate. Darkness loomed, and then, an unexpected savior emerged. A resounding crash echoed through the room as Sunghoon swung a chair at Heeseung's head. The impact sent Heeseung staggering, his grip on the knife faltering.

Gasping for breath, I clambered to my feet, Sunghoon at my side. His eyes bore a mixture of relief and urgency. "We need to go no-," he urged, but his words were cut short by the thunderous sound of three gunshots.

Sunghoon crumpled to the ground, coughing blood, and I recoiled in horror. Heeseung stood, a malevolent grin etched on his face, holding the gun that had just betrayed us both. "You really thought you could escape without someone dying, Sunoo?" he sneered.

Sunghoon's coughs echoed in the suffocating silence, each sound more ominous than the last. I dropped to my knees beside him, panic seizing my chest. "Sunghoon, no, please!" I pleaded, my voice desperate and broken.

Heeseung's laughter cut through the air like a macabre symphony, mocking our feeble attempts at escape. "I decide who lives and who dies."

Sunghoon struggled to speak, blood staining his lips. "G-Go..." he whispered hoarsely, his eyes locking onto mine with an intensity that defied the pain wracking his body. "End this."

Torn between loyalty and desperation, I hesitated, grappling with the cruel reality unfolding before me. Heeseung sauntered forward, relishing in our agony. "Make your choice, Sunoo. But remember, there's always a price."

Time hung suspended in a surreal dance of desperation and vengeance. Sunghoon pressed something into my trembling hand, his eyes conveying a cryptic message. I understood, the final act in this twisted play for freedom.

Summoning a reservoir of courage, I rose, the weight of the air grounding me in a surreal reality. Heeseung's malevolent gaze fixed upon me, the gun an extension of his malice. Every step forward echoed the thudding of my heart, a rhythmic countdown to the unknown.

I dropped to my knees before him, "I'm sorry," I uttered, my voice a delicate tremor. Heeseung's laughter echoed around us, a grotesque symphony that only intensified my resolve.

Seemingly amused, Heeseung mirrored my gesture, his eyes gleaming with sinister delight. "Good boy," he taunted, reveling in the illusion of control. But within that fleeting moment of false surrender, I unleashed a torrent of defiance.

I swung, the knife I was holding found its mark, plunging into Heeseung's neck. The world distorted into a cacophony of chaos as he convulsed.

*BANG* And a deafening gunshot reverberated through the room. Pain erupted in my abdomen, an unforgiving consequence of Heeseung's desperate retaliation. I dropped to the ground, gasping for air.

I glanced to my left, witnessing the spectacle of Heeseung, clutching his neck, blood streaming through his fingers. The air thickened with the scent of iron and the palpable weight of a decision that cannot be turned back.

Turning to my right, the sight of Sunghoon's pallid face etched in agony seared into my memory. Blood stained his mouth, a visceral testament to the price we paid for freedom. The room spun in a disorienting ballet of suffering, my consciousness teetering on the precipice of oblivion.

Heeseung crumpled, his strength waning with every futile attempt to staunch the bleeding. My body, a canvas painted in the crimson hues of our struggle, trembled with the shock of my actions. As consciousness waned, I clung to the echoes of Sunghoon's name, a whispered prayer that reverberated through the void.