Chapter 50 | S2: Lost

Heeseung POV

In the soft, half-awake haze of morning, I found myself muttering Sunoo's name, our bodies entwined in a comfortable embrace. "Sunoo, you wanna tour around?" I murmured, the remnants of sleep still clouding my thoughts.

Sunoo, equally groggy, mumbled a response, "Can we stay in the house for now? There's so much that happened, and I'm still tired."

"Okay, rest well." I replied, gently pulling away. As I left the bed, Sunoo's form curled up, seeking a bit more sleep.

In the kitchen, I started cooking breakfast, the sizzle of the pan filling the quiet house. When the plates were ready, Seohyun and Jinho emerged from their rooms.

"Here, breakfast for both of you. Let Sunoo and me eat alone," I said, handing them their plates.

They exchanged betrayed glances, but before they could protest, Sunoo appeared.

"It's okay; they can eat with us," Sunoo said, his presence diffusing the tension.

Seohyun and Jinho quickly sat down, chowing down in silence. I stood there, stunned, the air thickened with unspoken words, and we ate in silence.

After finishing breakfast, I took care of the dishes, washing the plates and cleaning up the remnants of the morning meal. Sunoo excused himself and went back to the room.

Once I was done with the chores, I headed to another room, a mischievous smirk playing on my lips as I found the anticipated deliveries waiting for me. Rummaging through the boxes, I took out the PS5 and the "Overcooked" game.

With the treasures in hand, I entered the bedroom where Sunoo lay. "Sunoo," I called out, and he sat up, looking curious.

I showed him the controllers and the game, asking, "Want to try this?"

A bit shocked, Sunoo hesitated before saying, "Sure." I set up the game on the TV, handing him the controller. As we played, laughter filled the room, and Sunoo, with a serious expression, scolded me, "Heeseung, you just burned the fucking fish!"

I laughed back, teasing him, "But, you just tossed the rice pot on the ground!"

With a mischievous glint in my eyes, I suggested a new game to Sunoo, knowing he was tired of witnessing my virtual culinary disasters. "How about another game?" I proposed.

"Okay," Sunoo agreed, a faint smile playing on his lips.

"Wait here," I said, excusing myself to retrieve another game card. Returning to the room, I revealed Tekken 8, presenting it to Sunoo.

He smirked, and we picked our characters. I went for the classic Jin, and Sunoo chose Lili. The fight was intense, each round keeping us on the edge. We tied to 2 points each, setting the stage for a thrilling final round.

In the decisive moment, Sunoo smacked the hell out of me, and Sunoo celebrated like crazy, scolding me with playful triumph, "You really suck at fighting, Heeseung." I hugged him and playfully tackled him onto the bed. Giggles filled the room, but we paused for a moment, the air shifting.

"Well, you were actually the first person to be able and had enough courage to stab me... multiple times." I said, breaking the silence, a hint of nostalgia in my voice.

Sunoo raised an eyebrow, "...Is that a compliment?"

"Maybe," I replied, and we shared a quiet moment lying side by side.

I thanked Sunoo, genuine gratitude in my words. "Thank you for giving me a chance, Sunoo."

Sunoo's calm response echoed, "Everybody deserves a chance to change." I reached for his hand, our fingers locking together.