Chapter 58 | S2: Fate's Decision

Sunoo's POV

*BANG*

As the deafening sound of a gunshot pierced the air, I felt a searing pain shoot through my thigh, followed by a wave of dizziness. My hearing faded, replaced by a ringing in my ears, and I stumbled, collapsing to the ground. Panic surged through me as I looked down and saw blood pooling around the wound, realizing that Jungwon had just shot me.

But the pain was secondary to the chaos erupting around me. Gunshots rang out as Heeseung, Sunghoon, and Jungwon's men exchanged fire. Through the haze of pain and confusion, I saw Heeseung rushing towards me, his expression a mixture of concern and determination.

He wasted no time, scooping me up in his arms and carrying me to the relative safety behind the crashed car, using it as a shield against the ongoing firefight. "Shit... are you okay?" he asked, his voice urgent as he assessed the extent of my injuries.

I could only manage a nod in response, the adrenaline coursing through my veins dulling the pain for the moment. Despite the chaos surrounding us, I felt a sense of reassurance knowing that Heeseung was by my side, ready to protect me at any cost.

As multiple vans suddenly drifted in front of us, a chilling voice pierced the chaos, commanding, "KILL THEM!" In response, Heeseung's mom emerged with a group of armed men, unleashing a barrage of gunfire on the approaching enemies.

Amidst the frenzy, Heeseung's mom approached me, her expression determined. She inspected my wound with practiced precision, causing me to wince as she deftly removed the bullet. With a grim determination, she instructed Heeseung, "Dear, wrap that with cloth, he'll be okay," before swiftly rejoining the crossfire.

I watched in awe as Heeseung's mom fearlessly led the counterattack, with Heeseung's quick action, my wound was bandaged.

After some time, the gunfire stopped. Heeseung and I peeked from behind the car and saw Jungwon holding Heeseung's mom. Heeseung stepped forward, but Jungwon warned him not to get closer or his mom would be shot.

"Na-uh!" Jungwon warned. "Step closer and a bullet will go straight to your momma's head."

Jungwon then proposed a sick game, "Let's play a little game, you always loved to toy with other people. Now, I'm going to put you in their shoes," He called it "Who dies, who lives."

"I'll spare your mom if you hand your beloved Sunoo over. If not, then sorry. Now choose."

Heeseung's mother's voice cut through the tense air, shouting out desperately, "Heeseung! Whatever he does, don't listen to him, Dear. Go save Sunoo. I'm happy as long as you are." Heeseung's eyes filled with tears as he muttered, "No..." but his mother reassured him, saying, "It's okay."

Jungwon scoffed at their exchange before callously remarking, "Wish granted," and pulling the trigger of his gun.

Blood sprayed across the scene as Heeseung's mother fell to the ground. My heart hurt as I saw it happen. Heeseung ran to her side, crying out in sadness.

Before I could understand what was happening, Jungwon aimed his gun at Heeseung, ready to shoot him too. I felt scared, but then Sunghoon acted fast. He shot Jungwon before he could shoot Heeseung.

But Jungwon shot back, hitting Sunghoon in the chest. Sunghoon fell down, and I rushed to him. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to stop the bleeding.

"Hoon, don't close your eyes, please stay awake. Please, stay with me..." I begged, trying to keep him conscious. Each moment felt heavy as I tried my best to help Sunghoon.