Chapter 38

Rhys pov:

Rhys pov:

I was sitting in the limo with my father, heading towards the ball. The air was thick and deadly. We didn't speak to each other for the entire hour we have been in this limo.

I didn't really have anything to say to him. I'm glad he's keeping to himself because my temper is short and I have no sort of emotional attachment to this man. I'll just leave it at that.

We stopped in front of the entrance. Before getting out I glared at him. "Don't embarrass me."

He scoffed. "You've really gotten comfortable haven't you? I'm still your father-" I got out of the car, cutting him off. I wasn't about to sit there and listen to his bullshit.

I buttoned my suit jacket as I entered the heavily guarded building. It was filled with powerful families from all around the world.

I searched the room until my eyes landed on Kaisen. He was talking to Ivan. Jay was no where in sight. I guess it's understandable since he isn't in the mafia.

I walked over to him. "Hello Ivan." I greeted him before turning to Kaisen. "Hi baby."

"Hello." He glanced around, every mafia man in this country was in this room. I understood his hesitation plus the rivalry that has been between our family for so long. "You look nice."

"You do too. Black looks good on you."

"I look good in any color." He smiled cockily then cleared his throat. "Dad's eyes are on me." He groaned. "What does he think us talking is gonna cause?" He rolled his eyes. "See you in the crowd baby." Then walked away to stand with the Hill family but kept his eyes on me as the party started to move on.

Everyone talking amongst each other, the truce preventing any argument or fights from happening around here. My eyes followed Kaisen through the crowd and his eyes always found mine, the secret glances made everything better at this boring party.

Kaisen motioned me with his hand then mouthed, 'Restroom'. I excused myself from the Don I was talking to and went to the bathroom. 

The second I entered the bathroom two hands wrapped around me from behind. "This seeking and hiding around is actually fun. Right now you're like a forbidden apple." He pecked my neck.

"You want to eat me?" I teased, placing my hands on top of his.

"You bet." He lightly scrapped his teeth on my neck. I moaned, tilting my head so he has more room.

His fingers held onto my chin turning me towards him then attached our lips on a light peck. "Don't moan like that, we are not supposed to be in here for so long." He smiled with another peck. "Forbidden remember?"

"Then don't do things that make me moan like that." I kissed him. "We have to leave soon before someone realizes we both are gone. With our family history they'd probably think we're somewhere fighting."