Chapter 42

Rhys pov:

Rhys pov:

I opened the door to my sister's house. "Honey I'm home!" I yelled, taking my shoes off and instructing Kaisen to do the same.

"Honey?" He raised his eyebrows while taking his shoes off.

I nodded. "Rhys!" Riley yelled from upstairs. "Come here!"

I grabbed Kaisen's hand with a smile as I ran upstairs. I went into the nursery. It wasn't done but she was starting to build the cribs. One half of the room was painted blue and the other was painted pink. She was sitting on the floor surrounded by nails, wood, and tools.

"Pumpkin....what the hell is this?"

"What does it look like? Take a wild guess."

"A death trap." I nodded, looking around.

"Yeah I'm auditioning for fear factor."

"Ah that makes sense."

She looked at Kaisen and smiled. "Hi."

"Hello." Kaisen waved and didn't add anything as if he didn't know what else he has to say.

"This is Kaisen, my boyfriend." I pulled him closer with a smile.

Her eyebrows raised. "You're dating and I'm just now finding out? And to this supermodel of a man. Do you model by any chance?" She asked, curiously.

"Sadly no, but maybe I should." Kaisen stepped close and held his hand out. "Kaisen, it is nice meeting you."

She shook his hand. "I'm Riley, Rhys' sister. What made you start liking him?"

"Definitely not love at first sight." He admitted. "But um...a bet and his eyes." He said looking at me nodding. "Those, I have just come to like his physical form, and as a human he is not terrible like I had thought at first."

"A bet?" She looked at me with her scolding mom voice. "Rhys Esai Delano what was the bet?"

"Please don't say my full name like that." I mumbled. It gives me chills.

"What was the bet?" I shook my head. The bet was stupid I'm not telling her. "Kaisen?" She turned to him with a smile. "What was the bet?"

"I shouldn't have said anything." He stepped back looking at me in regret.

"No no. My brother just finds himself in trouble always. The bet was probably something stupid like who can get more girls numbers." She rolled her eyes.

"It was actually who can fall first and I did but I bet he was already in love with me before he realized it."

"Sounds like him." She shook her head. "How'd you not realize you were in love?"

"I've never felt love so I didn't- I'm not explaining myself to you lady." I scoffed. I realized and that's all that matters.

She hummed. "Are you staying tonight?"