Chapter 39

Kaisen's pov:

Kaisen's pov:

I looked at him. He might feel nothing or pretend everything is okay but I know it isn't. There is always a void someone lands in whenever they watch the person they thought they hated die. Yes, you wished them death but killing them sends an impact, trauma even deep down because you realize that no matter how ever that person has been the things they have done or said are still with you.

You keep on wondering over and over why they didn't appear with them when I pulled the trigger not realizing you killed the body and not the voice, because it's still implanted in your brain like a bad dream that will follow you every single day.

Ever since he pulled the trigger I knew, a part of me wished he didn't because I was worried he might find out the hard way that the problem was not his father being alive but rather pulling himself away from the words of an evil man and being himself.

He parked outside the cabin, it was more of a mansion in the woods with a tree house right next to it. "Let's go into the tree house." I took his hand leading him up the stairs, I turned on the lights, it was clean with everything organised, a small bed to the side, pictures of me with animals. A picture of me missing a tooth with my ass wide ears.

He looked at the picture. "You look adorable."

I hid the picture under the bed. "Look at anything except that." There were a bunch of my childhood pictures but I had a hoodie or hat covering my ears in all of them.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Nope." I sat down next to him. "I feel like you should do the talking, I am listening whatever it is." I didn't specify incase there is something I might not know about that he would want to let go off his chest I was all ears.

He sighed. "I don't wanna talk because I don't know how to explain how I'm feeling. Like-" he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid in between my legs. "I'm not sure if I'd do it again if I could go back...but I'm also not sure if I regret it. Am I making sense? I hated him because I never really knew him...I don't know." He shook his head, as if not wanting to talk about it.

I passed my fingers through his hair, massaging it gently. "You do make sense." I reassured then groaned trying to change the subject. "Fine I will tell you about my ears." I bit my lip feeling the blush already making its way to my cheeks.

"You don't have to." He started laughing out of no where. It started off as small chuckles until he was in a fit of giggles. "I thought..." he laughed. "I thought when you asked 'what body part has ever gone through the knife' you meant like where have you gotten cut..as in you were in a fight and accidentally got cut somewhere." He giggled. "I'm not laughing at you...just my own stupidity."

My eyes widened for a split second. All this time did he....I burst out laughing. "No way, did you think that." My ears look great. How did he keep thinking like that, or he just never thought of it hard enough? I burst out laughing, no way he did think like that.