Chapter 63

Kaisen's pov:

Kaisen's pov:

I had the best sleep in a long time and when I woke up I was still holding onto Rhys. The next morning he didn't threaten me or speak meanly and that was a dream but then he suddenly invited all our friends for lunch.

Did I want that? No. but did I have a say in it? Also no.

And now here we are and he is in the kitchen cooking lunch. I was going to help him but first I needed to clear things up with both Adam and Jay. "Don't say shit to Rhys or make a joke about anything that has to do with Lina or anyone give me a compliment or...actually you know what.. don't speak."

"Wow, so many rules."

"They are not I just don't want to risk anything right now." I have to be careful at all times so that I don't lose what I am trying to build again with him.

"So we shouldn't talk?"

"He will know something is wrong if you don't and he will feel weird and bad. So be yourselves but also not yourselves."

"We shouldn't have come." Who told you to? But I didn't voice it out. Rhys invited them and if they didn't come I would have been mad but then also being here is risky when I am still building something.

"Exactly, at least not until things are back to normal." I smiled, leaving them in the bathroom before going into the kitchen. "I want to help, where should I begin?"

"You can start by washing your hands. Then peel the potatoes."

I then started on the job at hand. "Why did you suddenly invite them?" I thought we would spend the day just the two of us after how things ended last night.

"I promised your friends a home-cooked meal." He shrugged.

It just didn't have to be today. But I didn't say that, I smiled instead. "I wanna say something can you not be mean to me?"

"When have I ever been mean to you?" He asked with an innocent smile. "Go ahead."

"That's it." I turned fully to him. "Yesterday's bet, that is what I want. For you not to be mean. I know it's too much to ask for right now and I deserved it but can you not like..."

"Be so guarded?"

"Yeah." I wanted to pretend and leave it as guarded but that was far from guarded. "You know what no. It was far from you being guarded or hating me. It was you plainly not caring and again I deserved it." I added so we don't get back to that place again.

"You want me to care more? Show more affection like I used to?" He asked, chopping the potatoes I peeled.

"No, I deserved that. Let's forget I said anything." I added a laugh while washing my hands again. I thought it was not the best time to bring it up and it might never be the right time. "How is your sister and the kids?"