Part 1 - Life Before Him - Scene 2 - Friday

Originally written and posted on 2/19/2024 

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Part 1 - Life Before Him - Scene 2

The bell for first-period lunch rang, signaling the chaotic rush of students pouring out of classrooms like water bursting from a dam. Jane shouldered her backpack and merged into the throng, swept along by the current of bodies in the narrow hallway before being spit out into the main corridor.

Her steps faltered when she turned right.

Shit.

A crowd gathered midway down the corridor, blocking her path out to the quad. At its center stood two students, up in each other's faces, yelling. One pointed at something Jane couldn't see. And those around them took notice, sensing the brewing fight.

A shove from behind jolted Jane forward. "Hurry the fuck up. I don't wanna miss it." Someone grunted impatiently, pushing her aside to keep walking by.

Another step to the left and Jane found herself caught in the current once more, swept down the corridor right into the heart of the storm. She was pushed and pulled in every direction, struggling to elbow her way through the crowd to reach the other side, but she ended up landing in the epicenter of the chaos.

Cooper stood less than a foot away from the other guy, his hands clasped tight behind his back.

Jane positioned herself behind Cooper, one row back, peering between two heads to watch the confrontation unfold with everyone else.

"You had to go and fuck her, didn't you, Coop?" The guy shoved Cooper backward, barely causing him to flinch.

"Don't worry, Scott." Cooper replied, his voice calm and collected despite the tension in the air. His fingers flexed subtly, as though itching for confrontation. "It was like throwing a hotdog down a well. Your mother's cunt is probably tighter than the town mattress, and she had how many kids? Nine? That's saying something."

"Fuck you, man!" Another forceful push sent Cooper stumbling backward a step this time.

"Are you really trying to fault me for wanting to see for myself? I mean, it's why you got with her, right?" Cooper's voice dripped with sarcasm as he taunted Scott.

"You shut your goddamn mouth!" Scott seethed, his face darkening and his hands curled into fists at his sides.

"Or what?" Cooper took a deliberate step forward, closing the distance between them. "You gonna kick my ass, Scott? Teach me a lesson about fucking the town mattress?" He edged even closer, his voice laced with disdain. "That will never happen, though, will it?"

Scott's face loomed over Cooper's shoulder; his features twisted in a snarl as he struggled to maintain his composure.

"That's what I thought." Cooper confronted Scott's hesitation. "Now ... Why don't you tell Sammy everything you told us?"

"Shut up!" Scott erupted, slamming into Cooper's chest with all his might, causing him to stagger backward and nearly collide with the inner wall of the crowd behind him.

"What the hell is he talking about?" A girl behind Scott interjected, her confusion mirroring that of the onlookers.

"Don't listen to him, baby," Scott pleaded, his voice tinged with desperation. "He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."