Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 2 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/12/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 2 – Friday – 5/12/2024

The drive to the cabin was mostly silent, the radio filling the space between them. Every now and then, Cooper would reach over and take Jane's hand, intwining their finger. He's kiss the back of her hand, just like the night before, but this time, Jane pulled his hand to her lips right after.

"I have a surprise for you," Cooper said, a smile spreading across his lips.

Jane blushed, not really liking surprises. "What is it?" she asked.

"You'll have to wait and see," Cooper replied. "But it's something neither of us will ever forget."

A mix of nervousness and excitement settled in Jane's stomach, but a nagging feeling pushed her to bring up their last conversation. Cooper had broken down, saying he's ruined things and was sorry. She still didn't understand and needed answers.

Cooper squeezed her hand, bringing her back to the present. "What's wrong?" he asked, a frown creasing his brow. "Aren't you excited anymore?"

Jane shook her head. "You cried last night," she began cautiously. "Why?"

Cooper released her hand and adjusted himself in his seat, gripping the steering wheel tightly. His demeanor shifted in an instant, that stony look returning.

Jane didn't like it, so she kept probing. "Was it about what you and Tyler did to me?" she asked.

Cooper slowly shook his head slowly, a small laugh escaping him. "No, that was amazing," he said, his eyes fixed on the road.

"Then why?" Jane pressed. "What's wrong. You said you ruined things."

Cooper exhaled a frustrated sigh. "I drank a lot before calling you last night. I started thinking about things and I guess I was ..." He paused, sighing again, "I don't know."

"Like I don't know my limits and when to speak up?" Jane asked.

"Something like that, yeah." Cooper admitted.

"Is it Brittany?" Jane asked, noticing how Cooper tensed at the mention of her name. "Did Tyler tell her about us?"

Cooper let out a sigh.

When he didn't answer, Jane pressed, "Did she break up with you?"

Cooper gave a bitter laugh. "If only that were the case."

"Then what?" Jane demanded.

"I don't know, Jane," he replied, his tone edged with annoyance. He reached over and took her hand again. "Can we talk about what I want to do to you at the cabin instead? I want today to be special."

Jane forced a smile, though something felt off. Maybe it was just nerves. She had slept with Cooper before, but this time would be different, and she wasn't sure what to expect. She nodded, trying to push her unease aside, and they lapsed into silence.

Jane focused on the feel of Cooper's palm against hers, the way his fingers randomly squeezed hers, his thumb gently stroking. Outside the window, trees blurred past. She recognized the area–they were close to the section of highway where Cooper usually parked.

"Pull over," Jane said suddenly.

Cooper glanced at her, frowning. "We're almost to the first turn-off."

"Cooper, please," Jane insisted. "Pull over."