Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 6 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/13/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 6 – Friday – 5/13/2024

Cooper tensed, his eyes widening as he pulled away. "Shit–" He scrambled off her and sat back on his knees, running his hands over his face and through his hair, flattening it out. "Shit!" he hissed again, and Jane frowned up at him in shock.

Propping herself up on her elbows, she asked, "You don't want to be with me, do you?" Her heart shattered in that spilt second of realization.

"That's not it at all." He leaned forward, bringing his face close to hers and kissed her. "I want to be with you. I do." But then he pulled away, letting out a frustrated groan. "Fuck!" He sat back on his knees. "I have to tell you something." He stepped off the bed and went to the tripod as Jane sat up, her legs bent to the side.

Cooper slipped behind the phone and hit a button. Suddenly, noise coming through the speaker. Multiple voices, laughing and talking all at once. Her stomach churned.

"Yo my man Coop finally got Mutt off. 10 out of 10 would recommend." Tyler's howl of laughter made Jane's cheeks burn with embarrassment. Her heart stopped when another voice cut through the noise.

"Move." Shuffling filled the silence before Brittany's voice rang out, "Give me the fucking phone, Tyler." More shuffling, then another scream. "Give. Me. The. Fucking. PHONE!" Brittany's yell was piercing. "What the fuck is he talking about, Cooper? You told me you'd only fuck her for the video."

Jane had already leapt from the bed, scrambling around the room to avoid the camera's range as she gathered her discarded clothing. Tears burned her eyes, her chin trembling with emotion.

"Nah, man. Coop's been fuckin' Jane for what now? ... Two weeks," Tyler said. "She's actually kind of fun."

Jane grabbed her shirt from the floor and hastily threw it on, not noticing it was on backwards and bunched at her neck.

"SHUT UP!" Britany shouted at Tyler over the speaker.

Jane pulled on her leggings with shaking hands, tears streaming down her cheeks. Her mind raced with thoughts of how stupid she had been. Everything was a lie, a setup, and she never saw it coming. Despite her nagging doubts, she had talked herself out of them.

"Coop!" Tyler laughed in the background. "Tell Mutt good call on the shave. If she ever needs to ride a face, I'm always ready and available."

Suddenly, more people erupted into laughter.

"What the fuck?!" Brittany screamed over the noise. "Cooper," a pause, more shuffling, "Cooper, look at me, you stupid son of a bitch! What the fuck did you do with that cunt that wasn't part of the plan?"

Cooper stepped into his boxers and jeans, pulling them up his legs but leaving them unbuttoned. His gaze shifted to Jane as she struggled to calm herself enough to dress.

When their eyes met, anger surged through her. Cooper's eyes were glossy red, as if he were the one holding back tears. But when he spoke, there was nothing behind his eyes–no light, no love, just bitter cold darkness. "I did everything that you wanted me to, Brittany. Are you happy now?"

Jane recognized some of the voices cutting through the speaker, but most of them were unfamiliar. They're all laughing at her. The flush that spread across her chest had reached her cheeks.