Part 5 - The Choice - Scene 1 - Thursday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/1/2024 posted on 5/18/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 1 – Thursday – 4/1/2024

Jane headed down the corridor, needing to use the bathroom. As she neared the gap between the lockers, she noticed a red sign on the door and frowned. 'Out of order,' it declared in bold black letters. She glanced around, then continued down the corridor, her steps quickening as she aimed for the stairwell to the second floor.

The second-floor bathroom was rarely used, a relic from when the school was first built. Its rundown look and smell kept everyone away, making it her refuge for the week. The only working stall was the handicapped one; the other two had long standing 'Out of order', signs, laminated and boarded with silver duct tape. They'd been that way since she started high school, with no signs of repair.

Jane shoved open the stairwell door, the clang echoing through the concrete enclosure. She descended quickly, her hand sliding down the railing. As she turned the second flight of stairs, she almost collided into Cooper's chest.

"Woah, there." Cooper's hands gripped her upper arms to steady her. Jane stood frozen, glancing back the way she came and at him, unable to meet his gaze.

"Relax." He lowered his hands. "No one's going to see us here."

Jane tried to step past him, but he sidestepped in front of her. She moved the other way, still avoiding his eyes, and he mirrored her.

His hand reached out, and she flinched, stepped away from the stairs. He moved forward, and Jane stepped back.

"Are you afraid of me?" Coopers asked, advancing and forcing her to retreat until her hand hit solid concrete.

"I thought we were friends," he said.

Jane finally met his gaze, her bottom lip rolling between her teeth.

"Do you want to be my friend, Janey?" He stepped closer, pressing her against the cold wall. "My special friend?" He smirked, lightly tugged on her hoodie strings, his knuckles grazing her chest.

Jane's cheeks burned.

His smirk turned into a grin. "Do I make you uncomfortable?" Cooper's tone lowered. "Nervous?"

Jane's breath hitched. She swallowed and gave him a tiny shake of her head.

Cooper's hands moved to the wall on either side of her, caging her in. "Did you like my picture?" he asked, leaning in and pressing her against the wall. He was radiated heat.

She forced herself to hold his stare, but the closer he got, the more unbearable the heat became.

Cooper tugged at her hoodie string again before lowering his hand to catch hers. He pressed her palm over his crotch, revealing his arousal. He leaned in closer, moving her hand over his erection. "Did you touch yourself?"

Jane's eyes glossed over, her bottom lip quivering as she struggled to hide the truth.

He slid his hand down his length. "You did, didn't you?"

Jane yanked her hand free and shoved him aside with surprising ease, as though he allowed her to pass. She couldn't think, only act. She bolted down the stairs, her hand gliding along the banister.