Part 1 - Life Before Him - Scene 4 - Friday

Originally written and posted on 2/20/2024 

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Part 1 - Life Before Him - Scene 4

That Friday night Jane sat at her desk in her bedroom, engrossed in the rough draft of her midterm paper on Ivan Pavlov's Classical Conditioning. The soft yellow glow of her desk lamp illuminating the room as she typed away on her laptop, her thoughts drifting back to the conversation she had with Cooper in the nurse's office earlier. The memory of his touch lingered, sending a shiver down her spine. She liked the feel her his finger gripping his jaw, forcing her to look at him.

She bit the edge of her bottom lip, trying to shaked off the smaller details that were stuck on replay in her mind. Once again, she sighed and closed her eyes. Gold flecks swam in Cooper's dark, blue eyes. Breath that smelled like fresh mint gum and smoke. The way his tongue grazed his bottom lip before speaking.

But in this new vision, Cooper leaned into Jane until his lips pressed softly against hers. Jane opened her mouth to allow his tongue to graze her bottom lip–

The phone suddenly rang, shattering the silence and startling Jane out of her thoughts. She let it ring five times, expecting the caller to give up, but when it persisted, she sighed and made her way to the kitchen to answer it.

"Hello?" she asked, but there was no response.

"Hello?" she tried again, listening closely for any sound on the other end.

Heavy breathing greeted her, the breaths shaky and uneven, sending a chill down her spine.

"Who is this?" she demanded, but the person on the other end hung up without a word.

Jane brushed it off and returned to her room with an apple, only to have the phone ring again as she took her first bite. She cursed under her breath, chewing in silence as the phone continued to ring relentlessly.

On the 19th ring, frustration boiled over. Jane stormed into the kitchen and picked up the receiver. "Hello?" she snapped; her voice laced with irritation.

The breathing on the other end was heavier now, more frantic. "Who is this?" Jane pressed, her patience wearing thin.

A heavy moan was the only response, sending a shiver down Jane's spine. Without another word, Jane hung up, slamming the phone into the cradle on the wall.

Glancing at the clock, Jane watched the seconds tick by, the tension in the air thickening with each passing moment. When the phone rang again, she picked it up on the first ring, her heart pounding in her chest.

More heavy breathing filled her ear, followed by another moan. "I know what you're doing." Jane said, her voice barely above a whisper.

The breathing turned into a rushed demand, "Tell me to stop."

Jane remained silent, listening as the caller continued, the tension mounting with each passing second. Then, to her horror, the caller moaned out her name. "Janey."

A few more seconds ticked past, then the caller hung up.

A wave of disgust washed over Jane, but beneath it all, there was a strange thrill surging through her veins, igniting something she could never imagine.

Jane stood in the kitchen with the phone culched in her hand, her mind reeling with conflicting emotion. "Cooper Miles called my house while jacking off." Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she fought against the growing smile on her face.