Part 14 - The Aftermath - Scene 13 - After The Attack

Originally written and posted on written on 5/16/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 13 – After The Attack– 5/16/2024

Jane was released from the hospital with more pain meds and instructions to get prenatal vitamins and follow up with an OBGYN as soon as possible. She sat in the passenger seat of her mom's car, staring out the window in silence, watching shops, cars, and people blur past.

Her mom filled the silence with passive-aggressive sighs, like she wanted to say something but held back.

Without taking her eyes off the window, Jane said, "I want an abortion." The words were out before she could think them through. Deep down, Jane knew she couldn't have a baby.

"No," her mom snapped. "There are consequences for your actions, and now you have to live with them." She grew quiet, cycling through another round of huffs. "Instead of behaving while we dealt with your grandparents' funeral, you went out and had sex." Her mom sighed again. "Jesus God, Jane, what the hell were you thinking? Unprotected sex? How could you be so stupid. I'll make an appointment with an OBGYN so we can get you tested. God forbid you got a STI with that bastard." She slowed to a stop at a red light and finally turned toward Jane. "Do you even know who the father is?"

Jane's bottom lip trembled as memories of Cooper filled her head, bringing back the hollowness. She sucked her busted lip into her mouth, biting it between her fractured teeth and regretted it immediately. The pain seared through her mouth, pushing her over the edge. She bent over her knees, burying her face in her hands, and started sobbing as shame and guilt swept over her like a tidal wave.